Accessing/booking US prices (ex Miami) when UK based.

Boshman

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice on how to access and book an ex Miami cruise. MSC USA website prices are significantly lower than MSC UK so preference is to book via a US site or agent. Has anyone who is UK based had any success booking via a US agent?

Any advice is welcome.

Many thanks,

Boshman

Not UK, but Canadian. It’s also cheaper to book US than on the Canadian site. 

Earlier this year my friend and I booked through her travel agent ( it was a work travel agent through the federal government) and we booked US. 
it ended up being a bit of a pain because we couldn’t check in since our addresses were not in the US. 
i was looking for a trip for DH and I and tried to find a travel agent in Canada or Us who could book us and was not successful. 

I am booking with a group of friends for next year and one of the women called numerous times and argued forever trying to get the US booking. They would not. 

Edited by 1kaper

15 hours ago, 1kaper said:

Not UK, but Canadian. It’s also cheaper to book US than on the Canadian site. 

Earlier this year my friend and I booked through her travel agent ( it was a work travel agent through the federal government) and we booked US. 
it ended up being a bit of a pain because we couldn’t check in since our addresses were not in the US. 
i was looking for a trip for DH and I and tried to find a travel agent in Canada or Us who could book us and was not successful. 

I am booking with a group of friends for next year and one of the women called numerous times and argued forever trying to get the US booking. They would not. 

Hi 1kaper,

Thanks for the info. Seem it's not only the UK that gets priced out of the market! I'll continue on my quest to get the US fare - I refuse to pay almost £2500 just because I am not a US resident.....

I talked to MSC a couple of times today and they refuse to allow non-US residents to book at US prices.

I'm considering @77red96's suggestion of creating an account with Stackry and using the address they provide. However, it concerns me that I may have issues when checking in and/or upon boarding due to us not holding US residency..... I don't want to risk not being allowed to board as it's my husband's 40th birthday trip 🙂

18 hours ago, Boshman said:

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice on how to access and book an ex Miami cruise. MSC USA website prices are significantly lower than MSC UK so preference is to book via a US site or agent. Has anyone who is UK based had any success booking via a US agent?

Any advice is welcome.

Many thanks,

Boshman

The daily service charge is not included in the US prices nor are the port charges as they are in the UK. We had a booking via a US travel agency for a Miami cruise but had to cancel, our deposit was refunded within a few weeks.

Edited by sidari

17 hours ago, Boshman said:

I talked to MSC a couple of times today and they refuse to allow non-US residents to book at US prices.

I'm considering @77red96's suggestion of creating an account with Stackry and using the address they provide. However, it concerns me that I may have issues when checking in and/or upon boarding due to us not holding US residency..... I don't want to risk not being allowed to board as it's my husband's 40th birthday trip 🙂

Hi again, just to confirm country of residence and nationality are not linked. My country of residence is the UK and neither myself or any member of my family hold a UK passport. If they do post something to you, it'll go to your stackry mailbox anyhow were you can choose to have it sent to you by airmail in 48hrs. Win win.

I'm just gutted I didn't realise this was an option until now, I booked a cruise on Thursday through the UK site as I didn't even realize there were differences in prices. Turns out I would have saved approx £100 and got $200 onboard credit!

You live and learn.🙈

Edited by 77red96

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 10:33 AM, 77red96 said:

Hi again, just to confirm country of residence and nationality are not linked. My country of residence is the UK and neither myself or any member of my family hold a UK passport. If they do post something to you, it'll go to your stackry mailbox anyhow were you can choose to have it sent to you by airmail in 48hrs. Win win.

I'm just gutted I didn't realise this was an option until now, I booked a cruise on Thursday through the UK site as I didn't even realize there were differences in prices. Turns out I would have saved approx £100 and got $200 onboard credit!

You live and learn.🙈

I recently just bought a cruise via a us travel agent as it had a much better single supplement and 500 dollars obc but i am now noticing this same issue described in this thread. I cant put my UK address in the check in screen as i can only check in via mscusa. If provide them a stackry mailbox what happens exactly? will documents from msc get sent there? Dont really know how this all works as i havent been on a cruise before either!!

Otherwise i have a cousin who lives in the US whos address i could use maybe. 

If I remember correctly, MSC policy states that you are supposed to book as per your country of residence and they can deny you boarding if you book differently.

But yes it's not fair that you will get different prices for the same cruise on different countries websites. Not to mention different specials like free wifi or drinks package etc. My problem is not even cheaper prices on other countries websites, it's the actual ability to book the cruise online!

Irish MSC website is not supported in the same way as other countries due to small market, it's not being updated regularly with future cruises, prices or any changes to itineraries. And there is no option to book yourself online, you have to call them and do the whole booking over the phone. 

For that reason I tried to book on German, Spanish and Italian websites, prices are better, but it would only let me go as far as country of residence. 

25 minutes ago, JoLoca2208 said:

For that reason I tried to book on German, Spanish and Italian websites, prices are better, but it would only let me go as far as country of residence. 

Within the EU you can book the rates/promo from any other EU country.  However you will still run into the problems on MSC website with the country of residence when booking (but not when checking in), so easier to book with a TA.   For english service and german prices I recommend the sea scanner one.

• Like 1