Conquest Class - Deck 6 Cabins Near Atrium

MississippiMom

We are looking at a multi-generational cruise on Valor next year.  Several folks would like a balcony and to save a little money are considering Deck 6.  From reading around the internet, it appears that the cabins above The Fun Shops should be okay from a noise perspective from directly below.  However, is the open Atrium going to be a big noise issue?  I have been on Conquest and on Glory, so I can picture the Atrium, but I cannot picture it at all from Deck 6.  

Help, please.

If you are directly beside the atrium opening, you will hear some noise. But once you get even a cabin or two away the noise is greatly reduced and really not a problem. Now when they're doing atrium parties might be a different story but those usually don't run super late.

4 hours ago, mz-s said:

If you are directly beside the atrium opening, you will hear some noise. But once you get even a cabin or two away the noise is greatly reduced and really not a problem. Now when they're doing atrium parties might be a different story but those usually don't run super late.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Those looking at these Atrium balconies are in their twenties and young thirties, and I’m guessing they will be attending the Atrium parties.  Sounds like it will be fine for them.

Yes you will have noise, until you get a few cabins down the hall (I would say more like 4 or 5).  We booked a last minute cruise on the Conquest and had a room even higher than deck 6 but it was 2 doors off the opening overlooking the atrium and the noise carried all the way.  My husband actually went out and closed the entry doors to the hallway at 11pm because it was still noisy and we couldn't sleep.