Disembark procedures

S&LMom

I noticed on the Legend in May disembark zones were called in order from #1 first. Do they always call zones in this order or do they change? I want to disembark shortly after the people doing self debarkation and need to know what zone number to choose. 

1 hour ago, S&LMom said:

I noticed on the Legend in May disembark zones were called in order from #1 first. Do they always call zones in this order or do they change? I want to disembark shortly after the people doing self debarkation and need to know what zone number to choose. 

Yes, they call them in numerical order, sometimes while self debarkation is still going on.  Pick the earliest zone you can find.  Zones 1-3 (or up to 5) are reserved for diamond and platinum guests and are delivered directly to those rooms with special instructions.

On our last cruise, I went to get a zone tag about 5 minutes before they put them out.  By the time I got to the board, zone 12 was the lowest zone left.  Like a bunch of hyenas going in for  the the kill.  Many were just grabbing without care of how many they took.

Edited by Badfinger

26 minutes ago, Badfinger said:

On our last cruise, I went to get a zone tag about 5 minutes before they put them out.  By the time I got to the board, zone 12 was the lowest zone left.  Like a bunch of hyenas going in for  the the kill.  Many were just grabbing without care of how many they took.

noticed the same thing on the magic a few months ago and i heard some complaints how there not refilling the board quickly

then when i was on the magic again a few weeks ago, they moved the board to a different spot which i thought was strange

I am Plat and do self assist.  Usually they request people meet in a dining room or bar at 630 am.  I really struggle to get some type of breakfast and get there by that time.  In fact, I have missed it on occasion.   

Since I have a 9-plus hour drive ahead of me, is there something else I can do?  I’m on Deck 12 so do they dismiss starting with Deck 1 for self assist ? Or how does that work?   

21 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

I believe the go by muster station now, although I don’t recall the order. Don’t think it really matters to anyone because as soon as they say they have clearance, people all over are heading out!

that is the new process however i hate it because my muster station is always the last. by the time they call muster station e for self assist, they are already calling the close to last zone tag number. kind of annoying waiting that long to get off the ship when before i used to get off earlier

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1