Guy’s Funderstruck foods

redsox1584

Hi,

Does anyone know if they are still doing the special Guys Funderstruck burger at Guy’s Burgers and/or the Fundertots (loaded tater tots) at the Pig & Anchor on the Panorama?  Will be sailing in 3 weeks on the Panorama and my boyfriend/traveling companion wanted to me to ask 😂 

Edited by redsox1584

7 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

What is up with the French fries? We were on the Spirit last month and the seasoning was spicy! I don’t remember them being that spicy before. I don’t like spicy food and I heard others complain and ask for them plain. Is this something new?

Carnival isn't serving the fresh-cut fries anymore. I didn't notice the seasoning they're using is spicy, but maybe they're using a different seasoning on Spirit or maybe they're using more of it than they have on my last few cruises. There is no longer consistency with the Guy's product from ship-to-ship, at least with the fries.

29 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Carnival isn't serving the fresh-cut fries anymore. I didn't notice the seasoning they're using is spicy, but maybe they're using a different seasoning on Spirit or maybe they're using more of it than they have on my last few cruises. There is no longer consistency with the Guy's product from ship-to-ship, at least with the fries.

I don't know how it is where ya'll are, but fries/tots/frozen potatos are in oddly short supply at least in our area (Houston).  Could be supply issues and going with what's available as far as frozen products.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tweak89 said:

I don't know how it is where ya'll are, but fries/tots/frozen potatos are in oddly short supply at least in our area (Houston).  Could be supply issues and going with what's available as far as frozen products.

The odd thing is Carnival never used to serve frozen fries at Guy's. They served fresh-cut fries. So they may be contributing to your shortage!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had the fundertots on Panorama last night…they were pretty good. ECE0E7DB-045F-41FC-9A9D-C030B37A0382.thumb.jpeg.263d0d5d44ceea128f9d5bf6c6594e04.jpeg

also my boyfriend had the Funderstruck nacho burger from Guy’s and said it was pretty good but very heavy. I don’t have a picture of that item. 

Edited by redsox1584
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

was on the Panorama the day the nacho burger debuted, it was pretty pretty pretty good.  

(one of the higher ups tracked me down afterwards and asked how it was.  it seems i was the first to sample the new item - my new claim to fame!) 

i forgot about the tots, will have to try them next cruise.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I didn't see the tots on Miracle but tried the burger and it was enjoyable. I didn't ask for the tots at guys and didn't see a sign either so I'm not sure where to get them. On Panorama again next and will be sure to BOLO for the tots.  

the tots are available at the Guys Pig & Anchor Smokehouse/Brewhouse restaurant not the burger spot. They cost $5. 

1 hour ago, redsox1584 said:

the tots are available at the Guys Pig & Anchor Smokehouse/Brewhouse restaurant not the burger spot. They cost $5. 

Ah, that explains it lol. Thanks for the info, much appreciated, I anticipate being at Pig and Anchor a time or two 🍺 so I'll be sure to try it if it's available still.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

Had the fundertots on Panorama last night…they were pretty good. ECE0E7DB-045F-41FC-9A9D-C030B37A0382.thumb.jpeg.263d0d5d44ceea128f9d5bf6c6594e04.jpeg

also my boyfriend had the Funderstruck nacho burger from Guy’s and said it was pretty good but very heavy. I don’t have a picture of that item. 

I have a strange question… was your fundertots served cold? My husband’s on the MG came out cold- actually not hot. So he asked the waiter if he could have a hot one. The waiter took it back and brought him a hot one, but told him they are usually served cold.

Cold he thought they were disgusting, but hot he thought they were good. 

36 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

I have a strange question… was your fundertots served cold? My husband’s on the MG came out cold- actually not hot. So he asked the waiter if he could have a hot one. The waiter took it back and brought him a hot one, but told him they are usually served cold.

Cold he thought they were disgusting, but hot he thought they were good. 

They were definitely hot. That is strange about them being cold. 

26 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

They were definitely hot. That is strange about them being cold. 

24 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Ours were served Hot as well. 

Thanks! Yes, we thought they were full of it. Who eats cold tater tots and all of the toppings? (And ice old- not just they were sitting around and got cold) The waiter told my husband they made the hot one especially for him?!?