Solstice Alaska 2023

SC10snut

Has anyone taken this exact cruise before ? It seems like a lot of sea days:  at sea, Ketchikan,,  Endicott Arm, Juneau,  Skagway, Inside Passage, at sea, and Victoria.  I'm concerned about being on the ship for 4 days.  I love Celebrity but all comments on this itinerary would be greatly appreciated.  It appears to be different from 2022.  Many thanks.

We did this cruise in 2018 and the itinerary sounds similar.   If I remember correctly, the glacier cruising is very early morning and you dock in Juneau later that day.  The inside passage cruising( which is glorious) is after you have left Skagway.  So really only 2 sea days whereby you cannot get off the ship...and there is nothing to see except sea. 🌊😉  I hope that helps you. 

3 hours ago, SC10snut said:

It appears to be different from 2022.

It's the exact itinerary Solstice is doing right now (and with us on Friday).  Pretty standard for all 7-day R/Ts from Seattle or Vancouver.

We have done this exact itinerary three times now and we love it. We love the sea days and the chance to enjoy the nature lectures by the naturalist Brent Nixon. We have taken our grandchildren twice now.  This last time in June (we booked it very early) we offloaded onto a smaller boat and got much closer to Dawes Glacier. 

You  won't be on the ship for 4 days without the opportunity to get off.

The only thing I really didn't like about this itinerary is the late arrival time in Victoria. Scheduled was 5pm, then there was a customs delay and people started to get off at 6:15. Short after it was dark - useless!

40 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

You  won't be on the ship for 4 days without the opportunity to get off.

The only thing I really didn't like about this itinerary is the late arrival time in Victoria. Scheduled was 5pm, then there was a customs delay and people started to get off at 6:15. Short after it was dark - useless!

Totally agree with you.  However, even with a passenger being air lifted from the ship on the way to Victoria, we arrived  a few minutes early.  I just wished we could have arrived a few hours sooner.  The Butchart Gardens were spectacular.

What I noted was the poor quality of Internet service when at sea.   

33 minutes ago, keesar said:

Totally agree with you.  However, even with a passenger being air lifted from the ship on the way to Victoria, we arrived  a few minutes early.  I just wished we could have arrived a few hours sooner.  The Butchart Gardens were spectacular.

What I noted was the poor quality of Internet service when at sea.   

Agreed, internet was shoddy aside from Skagway being totally unavailable (which I knew beforehand based on my last 3 Alaska cruises). It was so bad I got my high speed wifi package entirely refunded.

I guess folks who wanted to snap a picture of the Parliament buildings at night it was okay but I talked to plenty of people who just stayed on the ship, saying they weren't interested to go out.