Carnival Newbie Question

Tink10

Hello!

This is our first time sailing on Carnival and I'm attempting to schedule spa appointments for our first day. We're leaving out of Long Beach and I was hoping someone could possibly advise a reasonable time for us to be on the ship. I was looking at starting the appointments for 1:00 pm and just hoped for some input if that's realistically doable if we grab the earliest boarding time we can for what looks like a really full cruise.

Thanks in advance!

From what I remember, the spa will be doing tours of the spa until 2:00 or 3:00 on embarkation day.  It might be not as relaxing as you would like with groups of passengers walking through, checking things out.  Also, with regard to getting an early check in time, unless you booked a suite, you might be getting a later check in time because Platinum and Diamond get 2 days to select check in times before Red, Blue or Gold passengers.  I hope this info helps and I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I'm  not sure 1:00 will work out. Check in time not a guarantee, and you may not have access to your cabin. Diamond and Platinum, wedding parties, Suites will have priority boarding. So depending on how many of those folks are on board, you may not grab one of those coveted early times. Keep in mind, check-in time is not the same as boarding time.

Edited by ober134
Typo

Yes, I would suggest later.  I always book my pedi on the first day, but not before like 2:30, and we are Diamond so we board right after suites.  By the time we get on, drop our luggage, get a bite to eat, do our muster drill, etc.  That time slot works out just right.

Just now, cruisingguy007 said:

Look out for deals in your cruise manager, they will probably offer some 20% off deals for certain times.   

Usually there is a deal right when you book for sure!  Sometimes there are deals that offer the 20% off later, but only if you book like 3 things.  Then you get 10% off one, 20% off the 2nd and 30% off the third, and only on select treatments.  The "select" ones are always the more expensive ones, not things like manicures, etc.

However, if you visit the spa or go to any of their little seminars they do for free they also often offer special deals if you book right then on the spot for certain things.  Also, sometimes they will offer specials on board during slow times (like port days, etc).

4 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Usually there is a deal right when you book for sure!  Sometimes there are deals that offer the 20% off later, but only if you book like 3 things.  Then you get 10% off one, 20% off the 2nd and 30% off the third, and only on select treatments.  The "select" ones are always the more expensive ones, not things like manicures, etc.

However, if you visit the spa or go to any of their little seminars they do for free they also often offer special deals if you book right then on the spot for certain things.  Also, sometimes they will offer specials on board during slow times (like port days, etc).

I was on board early at embarkation and walked up to the spa before noon.  They asked me if I wanted to be a "model" for their tour and get a free facial.  I was there for a couple hours but it was fun and my skin was very glowy😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I was on board early at embarkation and walked up to the spa before noon.  They asked me if I wanted to be a "model" for their tour and get a free facial.  I was there for a couple hours but it was fun and my skin was very glowy😄

That's awesome!