BEACH CLOSE TO PIER

jamscckmc

13 minutes ago, jamscckmc said:

Is there a beach within walking distance of the pier? Plan to take the shuttle van to Horseshoe the 1st day but only have till 12 the second day and would like something closer.

There is a very small one in the Dockyard called Snorkel Beach. Its manmade and very small-- definitely not Bermuda's finest place to swim and pales in comparison to Horseshoe-- but it is within walking distance of your ship. 

52 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The above beach in the previous post is called Snorkel Park and they charge admission. $15 per person.   Chairs and umbrellas are an additional charge.

We walked to it to check it out and it certainly didn't look like it was worth $15pp

• Like 4

On 8/24/2022 at 3:14 PM, jamscckmc said:

Is there a beach within walking distance of the pier? Plan to take the shuttle van to Horseshoe the 1st day but only have till 12 the second day and would like something closer.

I think if you only have an hour at Horseshoe, it is worth it.  It's $7 pp each way.  I would say if you are on a shuttle around 11, you will be back in time.  That's including if you have to wait for the shuttle to fill up.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We spent a little bit of time at Black Bay, a couple of little bays past Seaglass beach if you are coming from the Dockyard.  There is a small beach (may be gone at high tide) though no pink sand.  There are some fish to be seen and the water is as lovely as anywhere else on the island.  We were riding the bus from Hamilton to Dockyard (#7) and got off there, then walked back to Dockyard.  It's a little more than a mile and safe for the most part--there are a couple of very short areas where you would need to watch for traffic. 

Can someone expound on Snorkel Park Beach and prices please?

NCL is offering an "excursion" (which you walk the 200 steps to) for $75 which seems to include a chair and umbrella and a water, but no food or drink.  I suspect that the cash price is much better, even when taking into account the $50 per stateroom excursion credit.

Thanks all!

2 hours ago, SP101 said:

Can someone expound on Snorkel Park Beach and prices please?

NCL is offering an "excursion" (which you walk the 200 steps to) for $75 which seems to include a chair and umbrella and a water, but no food or drink.  I suspect that the cash price is much better, even when taking into account the $50 per stateroom excursion credit.

Thanks all!

Here is a picture with their prices. This was taken a few months ago. 

807BD3B2-D3BC-481E-BDC9-4348090FBAED.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, SP101 said:

Regardless of the cost this is not a place I would want to make a beach day of it. Bermuda has some of the best beaches in the world and this one is a manmade dud. 

• Like 5

If you're interested, there is a Royal Dockyard museum.  I believe entry fee is $15.  I didn't go in, because I was a little tired (had spent the day at the beach), but I think this would be a better use of your time than Snorkel Beach.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 10:43 AM, moposh said:

If you're interested, there is a Royal Dockyard museum.  I believe entry fee is $15.  I didn't go in, because I was a little tired (had spent the day at the beach), but I think this would be a better use of your time than Snorkel Beach.

The museum was fabulous.  Totally worth the money.  While you are there you can also sit along the pool that the dolphins swim in and watch them.  It was an extra bonus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bambiying said:

The museum was fabulous.  Totally worth the money.  While you are there you can also sit along the pool that the dolphins swim in and watch them.  It was an extra bonus.

Good to know.  Maybe next time I'll have more energy and will go.  

How much time would you stay one would need for the museum?

Edited by moposh

I think we spent almost 3 hours there total but 2 hours might be enough depending on how thorough you are in seeing everything.  Our ship arrived at 3 so we thought we see it all before closing at 5.  We ran out of time and spent another hour.  There is so much to be seen both inside the various buildings and outside with the lovely views.  Admission is $12 for seniors and well worth whatever you need to pay.

Edited by mcmarya
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 9:16 AM, moposh said:

Good to know.  Maybe next time I'll have more energy and will go.  

How much time would you stay one would need for the museum?

I'd say 2-3 hours, but maybe longer depending on how much you are into Bermuda's history.  Also nice views on the outside for photos.  Just a tip...the basement is air conditioned, so if it's really hot and humid out, go down and check out the war stuff down there.

• Like 1