Amalfi coast

sboh

I’m planning a Mediterranean cruise for next June. I’ll be in Naples from 7am-6pm. I’ve  already been to Pompeii so would like to see the Amalfi coast on this trip. I’ve been looking at italytoursharing.com based on a recommendation on this board. They have a tour that stops in Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello. They also have tours that stop in Sorrento first then two of the three towns so:

Sorrento-Positano-Ravello or

Sorrento-Positano-Amalfi or

Sorrento-Amalfi-Ravello

Is it worth skipping a stop in one of the three towns to add Sorrento?

If so, which would you skip and why?

Would the drive be very different?

In my opinion it's not worth substituting Sorrento for one of the three other towns. 

Sorrento isn't part of the Amalfi Coast. The other three are more scenic. I stayed in Sorrento for a week and didn't find much there to recommend -- maybe if you're really into shopping....

We have now been to the Amalfi Coast three times and love it.  We have done all three tours with Rome In Limo.  I agree with the recommendations to visit Ravello Amalfi and Positano.  In each case we have had a wonderful Italian lunch in one of these towns.  Our driver made the arrangements for us and it was wonderful.  

I concur with passing on Sorrento. Pleasant place, but nothing to write home about.

Both Positano and Ravello involve a ten-minute diversion off the coastal road, both are well worthwhile.

- Down from the coastal road to the harbour at Positano.

- Up from the coastal road to Ravello, more laid-back and with glorious elevated views.

Amalfi is at sea-level. Bigger & more crowded than the other two, but the coast road goes thro it anyway and a bigger selection of shops & eateries with more reasonable prices.

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull

Great choices. We used that same company italytoursharing.com last time and visited Pompeii, Amalfi & Positano. We're using them again next June also (except the wife wants to do 50 shades of Lemon which goes to Ravello and Amalfi). 

2 hours ago, John Bull said:

- Down from the coastal road to the harbour at Positano

Just to be clear, so we're not setting unrealistic expectations, there is only one drivable road through Positano and it does not go down to the waterfront.  Seeing Positano at all requires getting out of the car and walking, as does Ravello, which is entirely pedestrian.