NCL crew=no more masks

YVRteacher

17 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

My husband chose to wear a mask on a cruise last week and you wouldn't believe the number of people who felt a need to comment on it, usually in a *very* rude way. 

Unfortunately, I think I CAN believe it.

• Like 2

just completed 15 days on the joy on a back-to-back.

i'd say about 30% of the crew was wearing masks. i'd say about 10% of the passengers were wearing masks at the start. but that grew to maybe 20% by the end, as there appeared to be a lot of covid cases on board.

why do i say that? some shows were canceled due to "medical" reasons, some crew members and servers would mysteriously disappear without explanation and other crew members would go silent when asked about them, while other crew members and servers (that you hadn't seen before in the first five or six days of the cruise) would suddenly appear. one show i saw the first week had an additional cast member when i saw it again the second week (who wasn't in it the first week). he wasn't a replacement... it was a musical revue and it was obvious he just wasn't in it the previous week. the other cast members apparently covered his "track."

now, there can be a lot of reasons that cast members and crew members suddenly disappear, but given the amount of sneezing, coughing and sniffling on this cruise and the candid talk from crew members about covid being present, and the chatter from those infected that I overheard on nearby balconies, and the candid disclosures in bars and restaurants by those who said their traveling companions were sick (while they themselves continued to mingle unmasked with the gen pop, rather than isolating), i'd say this was a cruise with a significant number of cases, largely unreported.

my traveling companion and i both tested positive the day we returned.

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 1

I started experiencing Covid symptoms yesterday on the plane ride back across the Atlantic after my 10 British Isles cruise.  I tested positive this morning using 2 home tests.  The last couple nights of my cruise, I could hear people in the cabins on both side of me coughing during the night.  This was on the Dawn.  At the start of the cruise, customer-facing crew were in masks, but that was lifted on about day 3.  I’m not doing any speculation.   Just stating what I experienced.  My symptoms are currently minor.  

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 6:26 PM, aubreyc1988 said:

My husband chose to wear a mask on a cruise last week and you wouldn't believe the number of people who felt a need to comment on it, usually in a *very* rude way. 

That's sad, sorry to hear people made comments. My friend and I wore masks anytime we left our cabin (we were on a cruise in early Sept). We only took them off outside or when eating. I even had it on when I got a massage. I didn't notice anyone looking at us weird and nobody made any comments. I guess we were lucky.

• Like 1