Calanques National Park

lisaatric

Our cruise-organized boat excursion through Calanques has been canceled. I’ve checked out several private tour sites, but can’t find anything available for the day we need (9/30). I read on an old forum thread where someone went to the “port” and there were many private boats for hire. Does anyone have a similar experience?  Where would we go to try to find such a boat?  Cassis?  The Old Port?  Thanks for your help. 

Edited by lisaatric
Clarity

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2023 at 11:06 AM, youngcruiserj said:

Last time I was there, we had a shuttle drop off in town. There were signs here and there offering boat tours.  I didn’t book a tour but took a bus to the park and went for a hike. 

Was the hiking easy to do on your own ? Well marked trails?

I found the hiking easy to do, but don’t remember if the trails were marked.  Actually, I met some people on the bus who had been there before, so I just followed their lead.  I would recommend you try to obtain a trail map before you head over there.  

Where would we go to try to find such a boat?  Cassis?  The Old Port?

Depending on the time of year, there are boat trips offered to the calanques from both the Vieux Port Marseille and from the waterfront at Cassis.

You should be able to pull up online websites belonging to the operators with all the info you need..

Be aware that the land portion of the Park closes off and on in the hot time of the year to prevent fires.  Last year that meant all summer and part of fall.   You could still do the boat trips that go among the calinques.