Itinerary change for QV

keithhutch

I noticed our shore excursion locations had changed last night so I wasn't surprised when I had the email this morning.

I'd been expecting it after P&O had moved their calls to Toulon but I was a bit disappointed that they couldn't find another French port.

We're due to call there on QM2 next June so it'll be interesting to see if we make it then.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Thanks, we did an excursion on our last visit so I'm looking forward to seeing the town this time.

I love Cartagena. It is so nice to be able to walk straight off the ship into the town. And how many places have a recently discovered, more or less intact, Roman theatre?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I love Cartagena. It is so nice to be able to walk straight off the ship into the town. And how many places have a recently discovered, more or less intact, Roman theatre?

Same here! Visiting the Roman theatre was one of the highlights of our last cruise in October 2019  - we didn’t realise there was an indoor section to the exhibition either.  Altogether, it was a fascinating few hours. Hopefully, we will make it back there one day. 

Cartagena is a lovely port of call - walking into the town directly from the ship is less than 10 minutes, and it is one of those places with lots of interesting cafes, streets and history - and such a shame that it is so rarely on Cunard itineraries. So it is a super replacement for Marseilles!

True - though like so many ports of call, it is personal taste. Some like the bigger cities, others like the smaller towns, some like city life and others like the scenic places.   I guess you were looking forward to Marseilles, and already know Cartagena.  On the other hand Cartagena is, for some, one of those places, that repeat visits are always a pleasure to enjoy, even if as a last minute change of itinerary.

• Like 1