Aft cabin, Rotterdam, deck 8

Stx3me

Hi all,

does anyone have any experience with an aft cabin on the Rotterdam (or niew statendam), Deck 8? Specifically we are a bit worried about a pool directly overhead for noise from deck chairs etc. Cabin #8199 specifically. Thanks so much.

Sailed 4 different HAL ship in aft deck 8 cabins.  We always try to reserve an aft cabin on deck 8 for easy access to Seaview pool and Lido.  Because it is all the way aft there is less noise than cabins under the Lido.  Occasionally, we have heard brief, minor noise while the deck chairs are being set up in the morning but it has been minimal.

We will be sailing for the first time on the Rotterdam in February in an aft cabin on deck 8.  I am wondering if we will get any sunshine.  There seems to be quite a large overhang.  

We were in 8197 and loved it.  There was an occasional sound of chairs being moved, but nothing that woke us up or prevented us from sleeping.  We did get sunshine on the balcony, but the big overhang was great when the weather was a little wet.  I'd book it again in a heartbeat.