Crazy pricing

cusematt4

10 hours ago, complawyer said:

well, on the other hand, im looking at a 21 day cruise from capetown to barcleona march 2024.

we travel with a close friend, and a 2 bedroom suite on the ncl dawn is (drum roll please) $25000 and that includes my 10% military discount.

we're booked on a back to back this july, london to copenhagen, copenhagen to stockholm.

19 day cruise, again with our friend, and the 2 bedroom was  $19000. if she wasnt joining us, and we wanted the family suite with balcony, it was $15,000, b2b

now, im not b***hing, but it is a little costly. much higher  than previous cruises the 3 of us have taken. and yes, i understand we dont have to book a suite, but (1) other than the 3 bedroom, this is the only cabin category that offers a 2nd bathroom, and (2) if we both booked a club balcony suite, the price is almost the same and we wouldnt get the perks

I've had my eye on that 21 day for some time, pricing has gone up and more than half the suites are already sold out. That 2br is already up to 27K without airfare pricing added in now, so if you nabbed it at 25K consider yourself ahead of the game. A lot of money, yes, but that's for 3 people over 21 days.... so price/person/day isn't bad for a suite.

There are deals to be found, but it seems many folks are stuck in the mindset of 'back in my day we paid 25 cents for a pack of cigarettes'. If the other comparable cruise lines were charging $200/pp/day and NCL was consistently at $300-400 for a similar itinerary, length, and cabin - then yes, folks have a point. But I just haven't seen that to be true.

On 9/3/2022 at 1:49 PM, 2 Fun Guys said:

Interesting. I found this:

Celebrity Transatlantic from Rome 16 days Nov. 6 2022: 2 ppl, Balcony, drinks, wifi, gratuities, regular dining only, taxes & fees: $4,987.72 (If you book this weekend, $150 OBC per cabin)

NCL Transatlantic from Rome 16 days Nov. 1 2022: 2 ppl, Balcony, drinks, wifi, gratuities, specialty dining, excursion credit per port (9 ports), taxes & fees: $4,405.26

Different strokes, different folks.  I have sailed both lines, they come across as totally different to me.  Choices are good. 

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Meanwhile here in NYC, MSC cruise lines is coming in with regular sailings this summer on their Meraviglia.  The cabin prices are very competitive from what I've seen so far.

Maybe more competition is good?

I hope so. 

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Meanwhile here in NYC, MSC cruise lines is coming in with regular sailings this summer on their Meraviglia.  The cabin prices are very competitive from what I've seen so far.

Maybe more competition is good?

I agree. My February 2024 NCL cruise from NYC is cheaper than my 2023 February cruise. MSC and Carnival are sailing from NYC in February 2024