Is anyone onboard Iona or recently disembarked?

MX-Drew

If it helps, we were on Iona at the end of May. The only Covid restrictions that we noticed were in the Terminal and during embarkation/disembarkation. Other than that, no requirement to wear masks.

The specialty restaurants were all open when we sailed.

Enjoy your holiday 🙂

We were on her end of July,epicurean and glass house for food closed.No covid restrictions but I highly advise wearing a mask on any coach tours as on one trip we did I was wearing a mask and my partner not and lady behind us constantly coughing and sneezing so four days later my partner got covid but I did not.I also avoided the lifts unless it was early in the morning.

I also reiterate that, we were on Iona 6th-13th August with our daughter and her 2 children, son and his 2 children.  We (husband and I) went on a coach trip in Haugeusund and on the Tuesday after we came home we both went down with covid.  We didn't stop at any services on the journey home, never went to any shops (had delivery booked for the Saturday) , no contact with anyone so we couldn't have picked it up anywhere else.  All the other members of our family have been fine, so the coach trip is where I believe we caught it. We have both been quite ill but are on the mend now.  In hindsight I would wear a mask on the coach or not even go on any excursions for the time being.

Thank you for your replies.

I will be celebrating my 60th birthday onboard and we hoped to book a specialty restaurant for my birthday. They should now be available to book but it just says “Please enquire onboard”. The only one available is the Limelight which frankly I think the entertainment is awful imho.

Had the same issue in May on Azura but to make it worse I received an email suggesting I book the Sindhu when P&O knew it was closed!

Oh well I will make the best of it, worse things happening in the world.

5 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Thank you for your replies.

I will be celebrating my 60th birthday onboard and we hoped to book a specialty restaurant for my birthday. They should now be available to book but it just says “Please enquire onboard”. The only one available is the Limelight which frankly I think the entertainment is awful imho.

Had the same issue in May on Azura but to make it worse I received an email suggesting I book the Sindhu when P&O knew it was closed!

Oh well I will make the best of it, worse things happening in the world.

Happy Birthday when it comes.

Bad Eyesight as you get Older. .jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi there. Finished our Iona cruise on 27 August. When you check in they will want to see you COVID certificate ; please make sure you have had your third jab as we know people were turned away without confirmation of this jab  in their possession.  There were plenty of hand sanitisers on board. The aft lifts are much quieter in terms of number of people in each lift. All the restaurants were open, and space between tables in all restaurants was adequate.