TV On-Board

The last cruise we were on did show a live match . The world cup final England v Italy , it was shown on pool deck on the big screen , the captain had to sail close to shore of sunderland to get tv reception . First cruise the ship had done since covid (true story) . Premiership games we have allways had to watch ashore , may of changed by now

17 minutes ago, paularmstrong said:

The last cruise we were on did show a live match . The world cup final England v Italy , it was shown on pool deck on the big screen , the captain had to sail close to shore of sunderland to get tv reception . First cruise the ship had done since covid (true story) . Premiership games we have allways had to watch ashore , may of changed by now

Thank you - I think timing wise, for the game we want to see, onboard will be our only option so may have to play it by ear. Thanks!

I have never seen live football onboard. I would imagine that to show games they would have to be docked or near enough to the shore to get a tv signal or wi-fi/data 5g etc.

also there would be copyright liabilities with Sky sports etc. I have watched a couple of games in bars near ports but that also depends on the ships departure times🤷🏻‍♂️
Welcome 😉

23 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

I have never seen live football onboard. I would imagine that to show games they would have to be docked or near enough to the shore to get a tv signal or wi-fi/data 5g etc.

also there would be copyright liabilities with Sky sports etc. I have watched a couple of games in bars near ports but that also depends on the ships departure times🤷🏻‍♂️
Welcome 😉

Thank you - that's what we suspected but hope to be proved wrong 🙂

Don't know about regular football matches but we definitely saw England's world cup matches in 2018.  One match was while docked in Newcastle but there were a couple of other matches while at sea, although I can't say whether we were near to shore or not. 

2 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Cool.👍

Hope you get to see your game.😉

Hi BJ hope all OK with you and yours, we have in the past seen some great sport in the 'TV' lounge on Destiny you may not remember it, but it was a lovely social time, however I think if, or when we cruise again watching TV would be the last on our to do list 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi BJ hope all OK with you and yours, we have in the past seen some great sport in the 'TV' lounge on Destiny you may not remember it, but it was a lovely social time, however I think if, or when we cruise again watching TV would be the last on our to do list 😉

Hi PC.

All’s well here now. Wifey has pretty much recovered from her covid episode, There’s only me that hasn’t had it in our household.

Never went on Destiny, The other half has but that was before I started doing the cruise holidays.We are looking at late November for a couple of weeks in the Canaries, but thinking to leave it until later to book it, we had a good last minute deal on a junior suite a couple of years ago

You need to get a move on with your booking, you know that you want to.😂😂

Hoping you and Mrs PC are both keeping well.😉

look after yourselves.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Sadly I missed the Europa League final on Explorer 2 in May, gutted! Wasn't shown, some guys tried to get it on WiFi in the coffee lounge with little success.

Maybe as we're playing Liverpool there might be enough collective demand for the captain to do the decent thing and arrange to show it on the ship.

Here's hoping. Can't complain doing 2 cruises but feel unlucky to miss 2 massive games. Fingers  crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

39 minutes ago, oscarshep said:

Hi,

Sadly I missed the Europa League final on Explorer 2 in May, gutted! Wasn't shown, some guys tried to get it on WiFi in the coffee lounge with little success.

Maybe as we're playing Liverpool there might be enough collective demand for the captain to do the decent thing and arrange to show it on the ship.

Here's hoping. Can't complain doing 2 cruises but feel unlucky to miss 2 massive games. Fingers  crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

🤞🤞

Date: 1/6/2019 

Venue: Monaco port

Game: Liverpool v Spurs Euro Cup Final

On the "Marella Dream" 

Captain delayed the Disembarkation until 23:00 to let anyone who wished to get off and  stay in Monaco bars for the match. 

Downside, it was over €15 a pint. Hasten to add, we didn't get off. It might have been different if it was a team I supported.

😆😂

IMG_20190601_215120.jpg

1 hour ago, Rebel Rouser said:

On the "Marella Dream" 

Captain delayed the Disembarkation until 23:00 to let anyone who wished to get off and  stay in Monaco bars for the match. 

Downside, it was over €15 a pint. Hasten to add, we didn't get off. It might have been different if it was a team I supported.

😆😂

IMG_20190601_215120.jpg

Good to know and we live in hope. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

On the "Marella Dream" 

😆😂

IMG_20190601_215120.jpg

Nice pic.👍

6 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

On the "Marella Dream" 

😆😂

IMG_20190601_215120.jpg

We were on that cruise so we haven,t been passing ships in the night after all