Private Tour Guide Recommendatioms

cruising777

5 hours ago, cruising777 said:

Hello,

Looking for a private tour guide to take us around the island for the day.  Reliable and trustworthy but also not overly expensive.

Thank you!

I recommend Afro Guide Curaçao (find him on Facebook) or Gone Caribe

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll third Gone Caribe!  We just got back and both DH and I agreed that it was one of the best (if not the best) tour we've ever done.  We did Gone Turtles and had Joseph as our tour guide.  He met us on time at Starbucks, his car was clean and comfortable, he was very knowledgeable about the island, and took us to some great places, as well as a stop for a local restaurant for lunch.  He went out of his way to try to find us some flamingos in their natural habitat when he found out that I love flamingos.  I would book a tour with him again when we travel to Curacao again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 6:48 PM, Maksim said:

Did anyone tried Samurai tours? I emailed them a few days ago and didn’t hear back. In their description I liked that they pick up by the ship and we can customize the tour to our liking. 

We attempted to book with Gone Caribe but they were booked and highly recommended around curaçao ( they too were booked) - but you might try them.  

• 3 weeks later...

We just went with GONE CARIBE last month and LOVED it. Joseph was the best! Very knowledgeable about the history of the island and took us to the greatest stops. LOVED them!  Playa Porto Marie, Playa Piskado, and Shete Boka National Park. Saw the flamingos also on the last stop. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

On 10/14/2022 at 8:19 PM, rosebud1g said:

We just went with GONE CARIBE last month and LOVED it. Joseph was the best! Very knowledgeable about the history of the island and took us to the greatest stops. LOVED them!  Playa Porto Marie, Playa Piskado, and Shete Boka National Park. Saw the flamingos also on the last stop. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Does 660.00 sound right for 6 people on his all day tour?

·  Sightseeing: Enjoy the beautiful sights whilst we drive towards the west side of the island.

·  Shete Boka National Park: This national park is a must-visit when you decide to spend some time in Curaçao. In Shete Boka, there are a variety of coves to explore where you can admire large and unpredictable waves crashing against an underground cave!

·  Playa Piskado:  Get to see  the green sea turtles of Curacao. You will be able to see the turtles from the pier.

·  Playa Kenepa Grandi: Picture opportunity at one of the most popular beaches of the island!  

·  Santa Martha bay: A quick stop at this beautiful lookout point.

·  Playa Porto Marie: Enjoy this beautiful full-serviced beach of ''Banda Abou''. It is the perfect place for snorkeling, swimming, and relaxing.

·  Lunch: Free time to have something to eat at the beach bar of Playa Porto Marie (Lunch not included in price)

·  Flamingo Watching: Get the chance to see wild flamingos at the salt lakes of Sint Willibrordus.

·  Discover Willemstad: Appreciate a nice drive through the historical and colorful downtown area of Curaçao.

·  The end: We will drop you off near the port downtown or at your hotel.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phantomII said:

Does 660.00 sound right for 6 people on his all day tour?

·  Sightseeing: Enjoy the beautiful sights whilst we drive towards the west side of the island.

·  Shete Boka National Park: This national park is a must-visit when you decide to spend some time in Curaçao. In Shete Boka, there are a variety of coves to explore where you can admire large and unpredictable waves crashing against an underground cave!

·  Playa Piskado:  Get to see  the green sea turtles of Curacao. You will be able to see the turtles from the pier.

·  Playa Kenepa Grandi: Picture opportunity at one of the most popular beaches of the island!  

·  Santa Martha bay: A quick stop at this beautiful lookout point.

·  Playa Porto Marie: Enjoy this beautiful full-serviced beach of ''Banda Abou''. It is the perfect place for snorkeling, swimming, and relaxing.

·  Lunch: Free time to have something to eat at the beach bar of Playa Porto Marie (Lunch not included in price)

·  Flamingo Watching: Get the chance to see wild flamingos at the salt lakes of Sint Willibrordus.

·  Discover Willemstad: Appreciate a nice drive through the historical and colorful downtown area of Curaçao.

·  The end: We will drop you off near the port downtown or at your hotel.

This is a great price for 6 people 

20 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I think we paid them when we went on the tour.   But their website or confirmation should tell you.

I have not made the reservation yet and there is nothing in their website.

On 10/21/2022 at 7:06 AM, crewsweeper said:

I think we paid them when we went on the tour.   But their website or confirmation should tell you.

I made the reservation and they said pay when we get there during the tour.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 6:39 PM, Mel The Great said:

Just tried to book with Gone Caribe,  they are full the day we we will be there.  Really wanted to swim with the turtles.  Does anyone know of another tour company that does the same tour?  Thanks 

We were in the same boat you are. We also tried to book with Gone Caribe, but they were full. We took bup1224's recommendation to contact Tyrone at Afro Guide Curacao. We had the most amazing day with him on December 2nd of 2022. He took us to swim with turtles in the morning at Playa Piskado/Playa Grandi, what a great experience. Tyrone is very proud of his home island, and we stopped at a few great spots to see flamingos and incredible beach views. The highlight for us was spending a few hours wading in the water and hanging out at Playa Cas Abao, it was truly paradise. Having Tyrone as our private guide was great, it really felt like we were being shown around the island by a friend. I can't recommend him highly enough! 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 6:25 PM, wsu_cougs said:

We were in the same boat you are. We also tried to book with Gone Caribe, but they were full. We took bup1224's recommendation to contact Tyrone at Afro Guide Curacao. We had the most amazing day with him on December 2nd of 2022. He took us to swim with turtles in the morning at Playa Piskado/Playa Grandi, what a great experience. Tyrone is very proud of his home island, and we stopped at a few great spots to see flamingos and incredible beach views. The highlight for us was spending a few hours wading in the water and hanging out at Playa Cas Abao, it was truly paradise. Having Tyrone as our private guide was great, it really felt like we were being shown around the island by a friend. I can't recommend him highly enough! 

I am so happy you enjoyed your tour with Tyrone.  He is definitely very knowledgeable and a fabulous person,  we are blessed to have him as a friend