Coral Princess November 17, 2022 PNG

I'm a solo cruiser for this trip and only booked 2 months ago.  I've done Princess cruises around the UK and the Mediterranean in recent years and, over 20 years ago, their Alaska cruise.  I've also done a Panama cruise with Norwegian in 2018.

I'm interested in the World War II history of New Guinea and I see that extra day in Rabaul as a plus. 

I don't know where this post will go as I have had no luck posting on the roll call, despite several attempts and despite clearing cookies.

Barbara

Just now, Librarianjourno said:

I'm a solo cruiser for this trip and only booked 2 months ago.  I've done Princess cruises around the UK and the Mediterranean in recent years and, over 20 years ago, their Alaska cruise.  I've also done a Panama cruise with Norwegian in 2018.

I'm interested in the World War II history of New Guinea and I see that extra day in Rabaul as a plus. 

I don't know where this post will go as I have had no luck posting on the roll call, despite several attempts and despite clearing cookies.

Barbara

Pity you were not cruising in 2006, we did Theatres of War cruise on ye olde Pacific Princess, Sydney to Osaka..Stopping at...Brisbane, Rabaul, Iwo Jima stand off, with a Coral Sea memorial service,  Saipan, Okinawa, Hiroshima. Fantastico.

I am on that cruise and also happy for the 2 day visit to Rabaul as it gives a chance to do morning bird watching at the Wild Dog Mine Road hotspot.  Not sure how much it would cost to hire a car and driver, will look into it more next month.