MDR Food Quality Question - Mardi Gras

tigers04champs

6 hours ago, autismmama said:

Also, if we did an early dinner at one of the other places like Cucina or Chibang, can we still go to the MDR for a later dinner on the same night? 

There's no restriction on multiple dinners as I showed in my episode on YouTube. In one evening we ate at Guy's Pig and Anchor and ChiBang in the same evening. 🙂  As long as there is space, they will seat you at as many restaurants as you'd like to attend in one evening. I can't answer the question on room service unfortunately, the only time we've used that recently was on the Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady and and that is a wholly different experience than Carnival. 🙂 

6 hours ago, autismmama said:

We are considering the Mardi Gras for an April 2024 sailing. We have 2 boys with autism that have some food aversion. They've been on 2 cruises precovid when room service still offered pb&j and plain grilled cheese so we could always find something for then to eat when nothing else would work. But now Carnival has changed the room service menu. Is there any place I can still get these items on the ship? Also, if we did an early dinner at one of the other places like Cucina or Chibang, can we still go to the MDR for a later dinner on the same night? 

Carnival didn't change the room service menu, they just started charging for it.

Should be able to get a PB&J, grilled cheese, etc, or similar off the kids menu in the dining room. Deli serves sandwiches too but not the basic PB&J or grilled cheese though.

We were on 3/11/23 Mardi Gras cruise and the MDR food was descent the first night, but not so good the other nights we went. First elegant night was fillet, and not lobster for our sailing. The fillet was like it came out of a frozen hungry man dinner.

Chibang is an option, but everyone on the ship that we heard discussing it, were all complaining. This also goes for almost every single YouTube video that we watched in advance. Now while everyone's opinions vary, when everyone is saying the same thing, there has to be some truth to it. 

We did Cucina del Capitano 2 nights and they had the best food out of all the options, but the wait and service were horrible. We checked in on the app at 5:30pm one evening, and did not get seated until after 6:30pm, yet there were MANY tables still open during our entire wait time. I would guess a staffing issue. Service was very slow and the staff all appeared to be flustered.

Don't even waste your time in the Marketplace, with possibly the exception of breakfast. 2-3 entrees and a couple of sides is all they offered. Worst buffet experience ever.

Just our thoughts and experience.