Discovery Princess mini suite plug ins

Wildcatllamas

I have tried to search for this but couldn't find any info. So does anyone know if there are any plug ins besides the ones at the desk. I'm trying to avoid bringing an extension cord if there are any behind the bed. I have a multi adapter for different plugs and that is so much easier to pack.

Thanks for any help!!

Just got off Discovery in a MS. Yes, there were 2 European style plugs behind the bed in R316.  That surprised me because I've always only seen 1 plug there.  One plug was empty, so I did not have to plug in a "splitter" style adapter to keep the original lamp cord plugged in.  I was able to use the 2nd plug "dedicated" to my CPAP.  I have only had to use an extension cord one time in the past...I *think* it was on another cruise line and before I "learned" how to deal with various plug configurations.

As @Rick&Jeannie stated, there should be at least one plug-in behind the bed. If you don't have an adapter like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1, you'll have to unplug the lights.

Note: that specific adapter is no longer available on Amazon, but you can search for one that would work for you.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:15 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just got off Discovery in a MS. Yes, there were 2 European style plugs behind the bed in R316.  

Sorry, off-topic questions.  In 2 months, I will be staying in R316 (Discovery) for 16 days.  Were you happy with your cabin steward service?  Female or male?  Did you get daily turndown service? Any blue Princess bags? f you are Elite, did you get any special bathroom amenities?  What items were in your mini-bar setup?

Thank you in advance for your information! 

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

Sorry, off-topic questions.  In 2 months, I will be staying in R316 (Discovery) for 16 days.  Were you happy with your cabin steward service?  Female or male?  Did you get daily turndown service? Any blue Princess bags? f you are Elite, did you get any special bathroom amenities?  What items were in your mini-bar setup?

Thank you in advance for your information! 

Cabin steward was John from Phillipines (I think). Not elite so cannot speak to that (a lowly platinum!) Did not look for blue bags but they may have been on the closet shelf. Yes, daily turndown.  Nothing in mini-bar...I guess that's an "elite thing?"

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Cabin steward was John from Phillipines (I think). Not elite so cannot speak to that (a lowly platinum!) Did not look for blue bags but they may have been on the closet shelf. Yes, daily turndown.  Nothing in mini-bar...I guess that's an "elite thing?"

Thank you.

Were you happy with John's service?  From previous Princess cruises, I noticed there could be a big difference in cabin steward services.  Some cleaned really well, some didn't even vacuum once during my entire 14 days cruise.

19 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

In 2 months, I will be staying in R316 (Discovery) for 16 days. 

I am sailing on the 8th in cabin R328. So if you haven't sailed yet I will try to touch base with you to let you know who might have that area. In the past I will usually let the room steward know that I like lots of ice so please bring extra. If on the first night or next morning they have helped with that I will leave a tip for them in an envelope. It really seems to help with them checking to see if I have any extra needs and if they go above and beyond I leave them small tips through out the duration. I figure who knows - they may get time off the ship and that extra cash will come in handy.

Barb

4 hours ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I am sailing on the 8th in cabin R328. So if you haven't sailed yet I will try to touch base with you to let you know who might have that area. In the past I will usually let the room steward know that I like lots of ice so please bring extra. If on the first night or next morning they have helped with that I will leave a tip for them in an envelope. It really seems to help with them checking to see if I have any extra needs and if they go above and beyond I leave them small tips through out the duration. I figure who knows - they may get time off the ship and that extra cash will come in handy.

Barb

Thank you! My sailings start on 10/29, so it is after your cruise.  I will check this thread again after Oct. 8 to see your info on who is the cabin steward.  Thanks in advance for your time!!