I am sooooo addicted!!!

LadyLuck

I can't believe it! I've done it! I just booked another cruise within two weeks of my upcoming Alaska cruise. I've already paid for our Alaska cruise departing May 17 for my husband and I (Anniversary thing). Now, I've just booked a Pacific Northwest 3-Night for the family of 6, which leaves on May 3!

I just can't wait!! 2 months counting down today!

Congratulations. I'm not sure what kind of counciling I need. I hadn't cruised yet, and I'm already racking my brain on what cruise to do next.

I may have to make a home made 'Wheel of Cruising' with all my destinations and take a spin to help me make up my mind. The DW isn't too picky...she's just as happy to be on a cruise ship so she won't be too much help.

Same with us, dsawyer. Next month will be the second time we've done a coastal cruise. While four days is hardly enough, it's less than an hour flight to the port. We don't leave our time zone for the entire trip. Two great sea days. Visits in lovely Victoria and Vancouver. And pricing is good. What's not to love? It makes for a good fix while waiting for our next "major" sailing.

I also find a booked future cruise helps with disembarkation. Unfortunately, most of the time it is too far in the future. A real problem with my employer wanting me to show up for work. He's generous but I would like more time off. Husband now retired but no sailing without me.

As of now, due to schedule and financial restraints (Hubby and I are in grad/nursing school)...I can only cruise once a year. I spend the entire rest of the year planning and looking forward to the next cruise - I don't know what I would do if I didn't have one booked to anticipate! :)

Hubby thinks I'm somewhat nuts because I get so excited about it and plan so far ahead, but you know what, I have fun! :)

As a nurse, at least it is a healthy addiction, that is if you watch how many calories you intake on a cruise, walk the deck or exercise you behind while on the cruise, get plenty of sleep (do not over eat, over drink alcohol that is, do not over party hardy, or over gamble)...then a cruise addiction outside of expensive (or at least taking a lot of planning and saving) is a minor addiction.

Happy Cruising.

Linda

I also find a booked future cruise helps with disembarkation. Unfortunately, most of the time it is too far in the future. A real problem with my employer wanting me to show up for work. He's generous but I would like more time off. Husband now retired but no sailing without me.

I feel your pain. I am in the same "boat," so to speak. I just got off a 30-day cruise on the Amsterdam early last month. I'm ready to go again. I don't have another cruise booked until the end of October, and would loooove to book a cheapy "hold me over" cruise in between now and then ... even if I couldn't afford HAL. Problem is that I am out of vacation time ... and the employer just insists I come in to work. :(

Gotta find myself a boss who loves cruising too. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'm eagerly awaiting my first cruise...and I'm pretty sure I will become addicted...but ya know what? I'm already addicted to these boards !! It's a close race between opening my email and going to cruisecritic.com...I even have a shortcut on my desktop !!

Jimbug,

We didn't start cruising again until i finished my masters (nursing). I wish we had gone during but finishing in 3 years was a goal.

My sea water titer was incredibly low but we're back in the swing now.

(7 cruises in 4 years).

And I agree, dealing with addiction, for us, is having another one booked.

Good luck in grad school, NP?

GN

Archived