When a Cruise Line Offers a Zero Single Supplement...

jimdee3636

Occasionally I'll see zero single supplement offers. When you have such an offer, is there anything that would prevent a married couple (or any two people who would normally share a cabin) from each booking a separate cabin, thus doubling their space and allowing, say, one person to get up early without disturbing the other person who likes to sleep late? In the case of a married couple, I'm wondering if cruise lines automatically reject such bookings from people with the same last names and addresses. If not, it would seem crazy not to do it, if for no other reason than to get more space and some occasional "alone time." Has anyone had any experience with this kind of booking?

1 hour ago, jimdee3636 said:

Occasionally I'll see zero single supplement offers. When you have such an offer, is there anything that would prevent a married couple (or any two people who would normally share a cabin) from each booking a separate cabin, thus doubling their space and allowing, say, one person to get up early without disturbing the other person who likes to sleep late? In the case of a married couple, I'm wondering if cruise lines automatically reject such bookings from people with the same last names and addresses. If not, it would seem crazy not to do it, if for no other reason than to get more space and some occasional "alone time." Has anyone had any experience with this kind of booking?

There was a couple on a carnival cruise I was in who did this. Two cabins, adjoining so you could open the door between. They each paid the normal Carnival price a solo pays. Basically paid for 4. A lot of people were questioning their rationale as that's a lot of money but that's how they cruised. 

11 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

I travel solo exclusively (so far) and I've booked under zero single tax offers before.  There's usually nothing preventing what you described from happening.  Sometimes these offers are targeted for those who are likely to travel solo.

On 8/28/2022 at 6:41 PM, jimdee3636 said:

We are doing this on Royal next month.  We get to bring two bottles of wine per cabin as well, instead of two between us.  Our reservations are linked.