Greek Isles (Odyssey) with teens?

mcberry

Hello - me and my family are currently booked for a Greek Isles sailing of Odyssey next June. Until now we've only done Caribbean itineraries which are always very family friendly. Will the same hold true for Greek Isles? Will there be a decent number of kids/teens on board?  For those that have done Greek Isles with a family what were your overall thoughts - would you go again with a family?

I can get my deposit back until March, but once I don't plan on getting refundable airfare, so trying to finalize our decision prior to booking air.  Thanks for any advice!

We have not long returned from a similar itinerary on Celebrity Reflection - the Odyssey was one of our choices but we went with Celebrity in the end. We went as a family group - myself, husband , 3 sons aged 20, 16 and 12 and my mum in her 70s. We all loved it and agreed it was the best cruise itinerary-wise we had ever done. The ports were fantastic and saw amazing historical sights and fabulous views at every port. I would highly recommend, but it does help if your teens are interested in history. There will be so much for your teens to do on Odyssey as well. I’d say you’ve made a great choice. Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

We just returned from the Odyssey and, although our children are young adults and not teens, I might be able to offer a little insight.  Like you, we did many Caribbean itineraries with our children when they were teens.  If they enjoy beaches, beach activities (ie paddleboarding, etc.), you won’t find that on this itinerary.  However, if they enjoy fun and different foods, exploring little alleyways and shops, cable cars and just amazing scenery, they will love it.  It really is so different than the Caribbean.  Also, lots of “Instagramable” places.  In Mykonos, a TikTok “star” named “SaltBae” owns a restaurant and was there throwing salt at customers and posing for photos and videos. Apparently, he’s a big thing (ask your teens)!🤣 

• Like 2

We did Odyssey with our 6 kids (4 teenagers) this June.  They had a fantastic time! There were plenty of other kids to meet and have fun with.  The main difference is that there will be more Europeans than you would find in the Caribbean.  The teens liked hanging out in the dedicated teen lounge/sundeck and met other teens from all over. Now they email friends in Malta and Norway that they met on the ship. Odyssey also has the flowrider, climbing wall and iFly to keep them busy.  They also liked zone zero, but book it as soon as possible because slots filled fast (new slots opened later in the week).   The ports have great places to see that are very different from the Caribbean.  I would definitely plan on spending a few days in Rome before the cruise if you are able.  We enjoyed our time there as much as we did the cruise.  There is so much to see and we never had a bad meal!  I wouldn't hesitate to take them.

• Like 1

Even on Princess I’ve seen a solid group of teens on Med cruises. They usually find each other and band together for the cruise. Plus, you’re going going going all day every day, so there’s really no time for them to get bored. The Greek Isles are gorgeous and fun, making them more appealing to teens than say day after day of museums. 

My teen loved our two weeks on Brilliance in the Med doing Greece and other ports this summer.  There are also beaches if you're into that, but we did history, sail boats, food, caves, and more!  Very 'instagrammable' spots if your teens are into that too!