Port Canaveral Launch Embarkation/Debarkation

Island Dog

Anyone embark or debark from Port Canaveral today (8/29)?

The launch was scrubbed near to countdown so I'm wondering how bad traffic was getting to or leaving the Port. We are scheduled to embark on 9/2 and debark 9/5. Both are the other scheduled launch dates for Artemis. Lucky us. Lol. 

Edited by Island Dog
Autocorrect error

On 8/29/2022 at 11:05 AM, Island Dog said:

Anyone embark or debark from Port Canaveral today (8/29)?

The launch was scrubbed near to countdown so I'm wondering how bad traffic was getting to or leaving the Port. We are scheduled to embark on 9/2 and debark 9/5. Both are the other scheduled launch dates for Artemis. Lucky us. Lol. 

We disembarked on Monday the 29th from the Liberty.  The nice thing was that Carnival must have anticipated the traffic issues and cleared those who were self disembarking with their luggage close to 6:30 a.m.  DH and I immediately got off the ship and was waiting for our shuttle to Orlando airport by 6:55 a.m.  By time the shuttle arrived and loaded passengers at 2 different terminals, we left the port about 7:45 a.m.  There were thousands of cars already lined up on the side of the highway waiting to view the launch but it didn't really impact us.  Heading towards Orlando, there was very light traffic for first 10 minutes and then it was smooth sailing.  I believe we reached Orlando airport at about 9 am.  On the opposite lanes going into the port there was much more traffic.  It wasn't at a standstill but clearly it was a mixture of those heading to their cruises as well as those heading toward the launch.  For the folks coming and going on the 5th, just need to give yourself plenty of time and exercise a lot of patience.