INDEPENDENCE TERMINAL 1 PORT CANAVERAL

Cruising out of PC on the Independence soon and wondering when going through security with soda or water is it ok to leave in your small carry on or do you have to take that out to put on the belt to go through the scanner.  Are the walk through detectors like airports, belt off because of metal, shoes off, sweater/coat off everything out of pockets.....

Thanks...

They aren't too picky about check in times. It's more of a suggestion.

Some people just put a luggage tag on their case of water and let it go with their luggage. If you want to carry it on yourself, you may or may not get asked to open the bag. It depends on security that day (i.e. there may be heightened security about people smuggling alcohol)

I usually say other's experience might not reflect your own. Be prepared.

3 minutes ago, TBone2K said:

They aren't too picky about check in times. It's more of a suggestion.

Some people just put a luggage tag on their case of water and let it go with their luggage. If you want to carry it on yourself, you may or may not get asked to open the bag. It depends on security that day (i.e. there may be heightened security about people smuggling alcohol)

I usually say other's experience might not reflect your own. Be prepared.

In Canaveral the porters will no longer put a tag on a case of water.   They stopped doing that before covid…

Water, soda, wine, etc you bring it must be carried on only…

Thanks for all the answers, it helps to know that water and soda can get carried through.  Wasn't sure if it was like airports where belts and shoes had to come off.  Had to take off my fit bit that would show up on that scanner thing you stand in but guess also because it has metal on it.  Its a clip on.

My wife and I were on Indy exactly one month ago.  I brought on two bottles of wine in my carry on and wasn't even asked to remove them from the bag. As for the check-in times, my wife and I were about 20 minutes late because our shuttle was a bit delayed, but walked right up and in, and were on the ship in less than 15 minutes total.  Smoothest embarkation/disembarkation I've ever had!

On 8/29/2022 at 1:25 PM, zanydoc said:

I guess we know what your favorite drink is, lol! Were they sticklers about check in times?

I have cruised out of Port Canaveral multiple times this year. I have experienced check-in times being strictly enforced and other cruises where they never checked anyone’s check-in window. There doesn’t seem to be any reason why sometimes they do it and sometimes they don’t.  My best guess, and it is only a guess, is different people work on different days of the week and they all don’t follow the same protocols. 

• Like 1