Princess Ruby Lunch

scoochy12

Hello - we will be on the Ruby in a couple of weeks out of San Francisco. What are the lunch options on embarkation day? and also on sea days? Is the main dining room open? TIA

Edited by scoochy12

24 minutes ago, scoochy12 said:

Hello - we will be on the Ruby in a couple of weeks out of San Francisco. What are the lunch options on embarkation day? and also on sea days? Is the main dining room open? TIA

In addition to the MDR you also have the International Cafe, the Horizon Court Buffet, The Salty Dog Grill, Slice Pizzeria, and Coffee & Cones if you want an ice cream treat afterwards. 😁

T&Atravel,  just curious what you thought of the food overall? I’ve read a lot of reviews that the Horizon Court has greatly went downhill, just was curious of your thoughts having been recently on the ship. Hoping you had a great cruise

8 minutes ago, Ron66 said:

T&Atravel,  just curious what you thought of the food overall? I’ve read a lot of reviews that the Horizon Court has greatly went downhill, just was curious of your thoughts having been recently on the ship. Hoping you had a great cruise

@Ron66 We enjoyed the food but we only ate in the dining room.  We never even walked through the buffet in 10 days!  😂.   We had pizza once it was the same as always (we like it).  Last sea day lunch menu was “Pub lunch”.  The fish portion of the fish and chips was small but more manageable in my opinion.  Way too much prior.  I do miss all the cream soups they use to have in the dining room and ice cream choices for dessert at dinner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, scoochy12 said:

The Da Vinci dining on the 6th floor is open every day for lunch and dinner on embarkation day, and every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and breakfast on disembarkation day.  Crew members may try and divert everyone to the buffet on embarkation day, but that makes Da Vinci quiet for lunch.  Do be aware that the MDR closes at 1 PM for lunch.

With regard to food quality and portions, it is pretty much the same as it was pre-pandemic.  Horizon Court does not appear to differ in selection and number of choices than it does on any of the pre-Royal class ships.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, t&atravel said:

I do miss all the cream soups they use to have in the dining room and ice cream choices for dessert at dinner.

Do tell about the ice cream!  Hubby might be in for a big disappointment!

7 minutes ago, julie3fan said:

Do tell about the ice cream!  Hubby might be in for a big disappointment!

They offered more gelato than ice cream which IMHO is not as good.  They always had some wonderful flavors of ice cream but not on this cruise at least.  

• Thanks 1