Amtrak Train from Vancouver to Seattle

It’s my understanding the Amtrak train will be starting back up again in Sept between Vancouver and Seattle. I can’t seem to find any info on a possible train schedule. Does it run in the morning FROM Vancouver TO Seattle? We are ending a cruise in Vancouver and for various reasons we’d like to be back in Seattle by early afternoon the day we disembark. 

16 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

It’s my understanding the Amtrak train will be starting back up again in Sept between Vancouver and Seattle. I can’t seem to find any info on a possible train schedule. Does it run in the morning FROM Vancouver TO Seattle? We are ending a cruise in Vancouver and for various reasons we’d like to be back in Seattle by early afternoon the day we disembark. 

Won't work for you - while there is as yet no confirmed timetable, there's no reason to believe things will be any different than they were in terms of timing... which means the Southbound morning train has already left, most likely before your ship is even sailing into port. The schedule did vary a few minutes here and there, but for a decade the morning train was always ~6:30am departure with the evening train around 5:30pm.

To get to Seattle that early, your options are either Quickshuttle (they leave from the pier 9am, so they are convenient but not cheap compared to other buses - extra charges these days for even 1 suitcase as well but ballpark $60 for 1 person and case to Seattle) or, if the cruiseline is running one, a cruiseline transfer (also not cheap, this year reports have been $80-100pp) but with no stops unlike QS so quicker.

A little later in the morning there's the Amtrak Bus service (operated by Cantrail), depending on the day of the week Flixbus (should be cheapest too, if booked early, as their pricing is very dynamic with more seats sold = price goes up), or good old Greyhound (might get a steal of a price with Senior rates, Companion fares etc.) all of which I think have a bus between 10 and 11am - ample time to disembark and get to the bus station.

1 hour ago, martincath said:

Won't work for you - while there is as yet no confirmed timetable, there's no reason to believe things will be any different than they were in terms of timing... which means the Southbound morning train has already left, most likely before your ship is even sailing into port. The schedule did vary a few minutes here and there, but for a decade the morning train was always ~6:30am departure with the evening train around 5:30pm.

To get to Seattle that early, your options are either Quickshuttle (they leave from the pier 9am, so they are convenient but not cheap compared to other buses - extra charges these days for even 1 suitcase as well but ballpark $60 for 1 person and case to Seattle) or, if the cruiseline is running one, a cruiseline transfer (also not cheap, this year reports have been $80-100pp) but with no stops unlike QS so quicker.

A little later in the morning there's the Amtrak Bus service (operated by Cantrail), depending on the day of the week Flixbus (should be cheapest too, if booked early, as their pricing is very dynamic with more seats sold = price goes up), or good old Greyhound (might get a steal of a price with Senior rates, Companion fares etc.) all of which I think have a bus between 10 and 11am - ample time to disembark and get to the bus station.

Thank you so very much. 

According to another post the Amtrak train will only be once a day to start until more equipment and staff come on board.

I t will start running on Sept 26, 2022 and will leave Seattle in the morning and leave Vancouver in the evening.

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

Looking at the Amtrak online schedule there is a train departing at 11:30 AM and arriving at 3:30 PM.  I just picked a random day to look at, so not sure if this runs every day.

That's a bus - the 'Amtrak Thruway' regular service. Even on a desktop the little icons for train and bus are fairly similar, if you checked on a phone you'd need good eyes to see the difference...

I'm not surprised it's one train a day to begin with, but I am annoyed it's not morning Southbound and evening Northbound, as that was the one train that ran the full route (and incidentally the one which works for us getting between our homes!) Fingers crossed that we get full service restored by next Spring, as driving through the 'Tulip Zone' is always a real pain in the proverbial!