Beach Beds - South Beach - CocoCay

Hello. This is my first post, but I've been lurking for several months. My husband, two kids, and I have three cruises booked over the next year: Harmony 9/25, Independence 2/27, and Quantum 6/19.

Between RCCL's website, this board, and google/youtube, I've been able to find answers to most questions, but I'm having difficulty with one: Do beach beds still exist at South Beach, or were they permanently removed? We have one reserved next month, and the beds on all 3 beaches are sold out so I can't switch locations. I'd just like to make sure that we won't get on the ship and be told that our reservation was a mistake and we actually don't have a beach bed reserved because they don't exist on South Beach anymore.

I've found conflicting info regarding the South Beach beds on this board. Someone recently mentioned that they'd reserved a South Beach bed, but it was a glitch and they were moved to Breezy Bay because the beds were removed from South Beach and that area of South Beach is only for crew now. Someone else said they think the beach beds are back on South Beach. Another person said they visited CocoCay this past spring and the beds were gone. Can anyone who has been there in the past 3 months confirm that there are, in fact, *currently* beach beds on South Beach?

I'd be so grateful if someone could ease my mind. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to CC. We were on Independence of the Seas over 4th of July week and had a South Beach Day bed (#57).There are about  10 of them. We have one reserved for next May on Wonder as well. The area past the day beds is a new cove for guests, beyond that is crew area. 

Plenty of day beds in South Beach.   They have them set up staggered, so that even though  there are two rows, all have direct water view.   South Beach has become a popular area since it is the first beach stop on the tram.  

enjoy

M

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Plenty of day beds in South Beach.   They have them set up staggered, so that even though  there are two rows, all have direct water view.   South Beach has become a popular area since it is the first beach stop on the tram.  

enjoy

M

This is not correct... South Beach has only 1 row of day beds... we were there a few weeks ago. Even though it is the first stop on the tram, it is away from everything else so it is more secluded.

image1.jpg

14 hours ago, alaska2023 said:

Hello. This is my first post, but I've been lurking for several months. My husband, two kids, and I have three cruises booked over the next year: Harmony 9/25, Independence 2/27, and Quantum 6/19.

Between RCCL's website, this board, and google/youtube, I've been able to find answers to most questions, but I'm having difficulty with one: Do beach beds still exist at South Beach, or were they permanently removed? We have one reserved next month, and the beds on all 3 beaches are sold out so I can't switch locations. I'd just like to make sure that we won't get on the ship and be told that our reservation was a mistake and we actually don't have a beach bed reserved because they don't exist on South Beach anymore.

I've found conflicting info regarding the South Beach beds on this board. Someone recently mentioned that they'd reserved a South Beach bed, but it was a glitch and they were moved to Breezy Bay because the beds were removed from South Beach and that area of South Beach is only for crew now. Someone else said they think the beach beds are back on South Beach. Another person said they visited CocoCay this past spring and the beds were gone. Can anyone who has been there in the past 3 months confirm that there are, in fact, *currently* beach beds on South Beach?

I'd be so grateful if someone could ease my mind. Thanks in advance!

See my post above for a picture....

27 minutes ago, nolegirl01 said:

See my post above for a picture....

Thank you so much for the photo! It looks beautiful and secluded. I believe Freedom of the Seas is at CocoCay the day we’ll be there (Harmony), so imo secluded is good. Appreciate your help!

On 8/30/2022 at 2:06 PM, alaska2023 said:

Thank you so much for the photo! It looks beautiful and secluded. I believe Freedom of the Seas is at CocoCay the day we’ll be there (Harmony), so imo secluded is good. Appreciate your help!

Yes we love secluded as well! it was lovely... we were there when the harmony and freedom were there as well and it was nice to be away from the crowds... have fun! 🙂

• Like 1