Cheers Package from Long Beach, CA

elsplace2

Hello,

We will be sailing out of Long Beach, CA on the Panorama.  I've read that in TX sailings Cheers doesn't start until the second day.  I thought I also saw that is the case from Long Beach, where it doesn't start until the second day, but can't find it now...does anyone know if that is the case in Long Beach, as well?

We never got the Cheers package, do you get billed for the number of days of sailings....for example, a 7 day cruise, pays for 7 days on the package, even if it doesn't start on the first day?

Also, right now the price is $59.95 per person....do they ever have sales on their drink packages, like RCCL does?

Thanks in Advance

Edited by elsplace2

• elsplace2 changed the title to Cheers Package from Long Beach, CA

Cheers is available from day 1 on saillings from CA.  It is only TX and NY that have the delayed start.

Just FYI, you pay for the number of days that you have the package on those sailings, you do not pay for the first day when it is not available.

• Like 1

Thanks Schoifmom!  Good to know!

Does anyone know,  if they have sales on the Cheers Package, or is it always $59.95.

Also, I do have another question, do they take the gratuities at the time you get your drinks?

1 minute ago, elsplace2 said:

Does anyone know,  if they have sales on the Cheers Package, or is it always $59.95.

Also, I do have another question, do they take the gratuities at the time you get your drinks?

Carnival does not have sales on their beverage packages like RCI. 

They add the 18% gratuity when you buy the package - making it around $70/day with gratuities included.  No tip is charged when you get your drinks but you are free to leave more if you choose. 

I’ve sailed from LB for all my cruises. The second I’m on the boat is the second a drink is in my hand on the cheers package. We dont have that rule here in Ca like NY does.

For my slightly more thrifty friends I’ve had them purchased the beverage package on day two (you can still do that) Just lose out on the 10% discount purchasing it pre-Cruise. They just get up early and buy it on day2

Depending on how long you’re selling for if it’s five days or more you don’t really save much money. I do a lot of mon-fri sailings and I alwyas just buy it before. 

Edited by KyloRen

2 hours ago, elsplace2 said:

I believe if you buy it before you arrive on the ship you save 10 or 15% versus buying it onboard

35 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

I believe if you buy it before you arrive on the ship you save 10 or 15% versus buying it onboard

True.  The 59.95 per day is the discounted price.  It is significantly higher if you purchase on board.

• 5 weeks later...

We never purchase Cheers. We just order a bottle of Jack Daniels and a bottle of Grey Goose from the Fun Shop, along with a 6 pack of sodas for mixers and a case of water. They are waiting in our cabin when we arrive.  We also bring our allotted 2 bottles of wine.  Total for all is about $200. Cheers package on a 7 day cruise for 2 people is almost $1000. I'll mix my own, thank you.

• Like 4

Just an FYI - you will be charged sales tax while you are still in Long Beach.  It's less than 1.00 per drink.  Once you are out in international waters you are no longer charged.

You can get any drink on board with the Cheers package.  Sodas, specialty coffees, milk shakes, bottled water and the larger bottles of water in the main dining room.  I like those large bottles as I take the "leftovers" back to my room so I always have bottled water.

I also find that if you tip your server or bartender you will get better service.  Yes, you already paid the 18% charge when you bought the package, but it's nice when a bartender sees you walking up to the bar, nods their head at you and automatically starts making your cocktail!  I've also had servers bring me two drinks at time but they wait the 5 minutes between drinks to put the slips in.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 9:47 AM, KyloRen said:

I’ve sailed from LB for all my cruises. The second I’m on the boat is the second a drink is in my hand on the cheers package. We dont have that rule here in Ca like NY does.

For my slightly more thrifty friends I’ve had them purchased the beverage package on day two (you can still do that) Just lose out on the 10% discount purchasing it pre-Cruise. They just get up early and buy it on day2

Depending on how long you’re selling for if it’s five days or more you don’t really save much money. I do a lot of mon-fri sailings and I alwyas just buy it before. 

Ha!  Day 1 is our highest booze bill!  It goes down after that first day of vacay vibe.  I think we spent like $300 for 2 of us on day one before Cheers was a thing.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 5:30 PM, katstoy said:

Just an FYI - you will be charged sales tax while you are still in Long Beach.  It's less than 1.00 per drink.  Once you are out in international waters you are no longer charged.

You can get any drink on board with the Cheers package.  Sodas, specialty coffees, milk shakes, bottled water and the larger bottles of water in the main dining room.  I like those large bottles as I take the "leftovers" back to my room so I always have bottled water.

I also find that if you tip your server or bartender you will get better service.  Yes, you already paid the 18% charge when you bought the package, but it's nice when a bartender sees you walking up to the bar, nods their head at you and automatically starts making your cocktail!  I've also had servers bring me two drinks at time but they wait the 5 minutes between drinks to put the slips in.

Don't forget, You can get any drink on board with the Cheers Package with a price of $20.00 or lower.

On 9/28/2022 at 6:31 PM, Moneyscruise said:

We never purchase Cheers. We just order a bottle of Jack Daniels and a bottle of Grey Goose from the Fun Shop, along with a 6 pack of sodas for mixers and a case of water. They are waiting in our cabin when we arrive.  We also bring our allotted 2 bottles of wine.  Total for all is about $200. Cheers package on a 7 day cruise for 2 people is almost $1000. I'll mix my own, thank you.

And you get three 1.5 oz pours per person  per day over a seven day cruise between the two of you with your liter bottles of Goose and Jack. You can enjoy them in your cabin or in a Yeti on deck.  

It's basically the equivalent of two drinks at Alchemy per day per person.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, avenger71 said:

Good to know, thank you everyone.  We are also cruising on the Panarama.  I want to order a bottle of vodka for our cabin, will that count against the amount of drinks we can get per day on the Cheers package?

You're getting a bottle and Cheers?  That's some hard-core drinking right there LOL LOL LOL

No, it won't count against your 15.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

You're getting a bottle and Cheers?  That's some hard-core drinking right there LOL LOL LOL

No, it won't count against your 15.

We may want bloodies in our cabin before we go out in the morning.  HAHA!!  

Thank you!

9 hours ago, avenger71 said:

We may want bloodies in our cabin before we go out in the morning.  HAHA!!  

Thank you!

Send your DH to the Pig n Anchor bar for him to get two bloodies and bring them back to your cabin.  Kind of overkill to have Cheers, which gives you 15 drinks pp and a liter of vodka on top of it.

On 9/28/2022 at 4:31 PM, Moneyscruise said:

Guess thats fine if you A) stay in your room the whole cruise or B) like to walk back to your room for a drink all the time.....I for one like to get my drink where i am at the moment.

• Like 2