Menus posted on MVJ

keokukjoe

Hi. I did a search and did see that the menus for Chef's Table are posted on MVJ but are the menus for "The Restaurant" posted as well? We would not want to make a reservation for Chef's Table or Manfredi's if we would prefer the offerings from The Restaurant.  Another question: when are the menus posted? I'm assuming before the reservations are open?

Thanks. I have seen the "sample menus" but that won't help us unless we can see the actual menus for our voyage once our date for making reservations arrives. As I wrote above, we would not want to make a reservation for Chef's Table or Manfredi's if we would prefer the offerings from The Restaurant. Did you speak to anyone at Viking? 

1 hour ago, keokukjoe said:

Thanks. I have seen the "sample menus" but that won't help us unless we can see the actual menus for our voyage once our date for making reservations arrives. As I wrote above, we would not want to make a reservation for Chef's Table or Manfredi's if we would prefer the offerings from The Restaurant. Did you speak to anyone at Viking? 

I don’t believe it’s possible to see that actual menus. Viking will rotate them every few days and they are also dependent on season and what is available. Others may post recent menus, but it’s really a guessing game.Make a reservation and hope for the best. If you find something better on a different menu, explain your situation once onboard and I’m sure they will do their utmost to try and reschedule and accommodate you.

BTW if you are at Manfredi’s and you see something on the other menu I’m 99% sure you can ask for it and they will oblige. I did that with a dessert and it was not a problem.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2

The menus for the Restaurant are not available until they are posted in the morning of that day.  I asked our server in the Restaurant if he could get the menu for the following days and he was only able to find out one of the main courses for the next day.  Manfredi's menu does not change, and you can get the menu "rotation" for Chef's Table when you board.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, formernuke said:

This may vary by ship, but on Jupiter in October, I'm pretty sure that all the restaurant menus were available on the TV from the start of the cruise. Certainly at least several days in advance.

We were on the Jupiter from 10/31-12/20.  Only the current day menu was available for The Restaurant during this time.  Menus for Chef Table and Manfredi’s were available though.

We just got off the Mars and only the Chef's Table menus were available in advance.  Both Manfredi's and the Restaurant's menus were for the current day.  It must vary by ship/chef. 

One potential reason for not posting them in advance is that stuff happens.  Because I have a food allergy, I would receive the Restaurant menu for the next day so I could make my selection advance.  One day I picked a mussels in white wine dish.  When I got to the restaurant the next day,  I was told that the dish was not available and was switched to escargot.  I'm guessing that the mussels didn't pass inspection in the morning.  By not posting the menu in advance, the staff avoided having disappointed passengers.

• Like 2

We are on Mars now, and the Restaurant and World Cafe menus are listed through the the rest of the cruise.  I didn’t pay that close attention to previous menus to say if they were accurate in the app to what was actually served.  We dined in the restaurant tonight, the the current menu on the app looks like what was on the dining room menu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1