Using OBC pre-cruise for excursions

sandancer

Sorry if this has been asked before. Got no joy searching P&O forum. 
I would like to know if you can use OBC to book tours before you cruise or if you have to pay by credit card in advance. Some other cruise lines allow this so hope P&&O do also. 

7 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Sorry if this has been asked before. Got no joy searching P&O forum. 
I would like to know if you can use OBC to book tours before you cruise or if you have to pay by credit card in advance. Some other cruise lines allow this so hope P&&O do also.

No, you can only use OBC when on the ship to book excursions.  There was a thread discussing the advantages and disadvantages of booking before the cruise and just paying for be them.  Basically, be aware certain ones will sell out, so if you really want any particular excursion could be worth paying cash for it pre cruise.

Edited by tring

38 minutes ago, tring said:

No, you can only use OBC when on the ship to book excursions.  There was a thread discussing the advantages and disadvantages of booking before the cruise and just paying for be them.  Basically, be aware certain ones will sell out, so if you really want any particular excursion could be worth paying cash for it pre cruise.

Thank you. I appreciate your constructive comments. I quite wrongly assumed that because other cruise lines under the Carnival umbrella, as well as NCL, Celebrity etc allowed this that P&O might also. It’s not a major problem. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sandancer said:

Thank you. I appreciate your constructive comments. I quite wrongly assumed that because other cruise lines under the Carnival umbrella, as well as NCL, Celebrity etc allowed this that P&O might also. It’s not a major problem. 

Not with P.O. but with cunard have booked b4 boarding and rebooked on board with OBC and original payment refunded 2 cc.

3 hours ago, sogne said:

Not with P.O. but with cunard have booked b4 boarding and rebooked on board with OBC and original payment refunded 2 cc.

You can do that with P&O, but risk trips being sold out.