Transfer and tour Southhampton to London

MIJOY

After leaving the Sky on April 1, we are spending time in london.  Has anyone used the company Tourist England?  The offer transfer to London hotel with a tour of Stone hinge, Windsor Castle, and Salsbury for a very resonable price.  Unfortunately, I can't find any review of them.

Tourist England is a booking agency, not a tour operator - the product you mention is operated by International Friends, a long-established & reputable coach tour operator

https://www.internationalfriends.co.uk/shore-excursions-and-cruise-transfers.html

Far better to book direct with the operator - booking agencies are an extra cog in the system and in most cases their staff don't know any more than what's on their website.

The tour/transfer is only for people on your cruise, it picks you up at your Southampton cruise terminal, visits Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor, and drops you at your central London hotel (or for smaller hotels, & guesthouses at the nearest hotel served).

April 1st next year is a saturday, so .............

It's important to buy your Stonehenge & Windsor Castle tickets with your tour/transfer - Stonehenge admission for those who buy at the gate is dependant on numbers and at busy times they may have to wait - tickets bought as part of a coach tour (or on the local ho-ho bus) are guaranteed admission on arrival.  If you want to visit Windsor Castle (instead of just exploring the town) buy your tickets with your tour/transfer to avoid a line at the gate.

The tour operator's prices are broadly in line with prices at the gate.  

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull
  • Thanks 1

In my opinion, to do all three in one day is just a box tick exercise.

Salisbury in one hour? It's worth half a day at the very least and you are expected to grab lunch at the same time.

90 minutes for Stonehenge is ample.

They don't say how long you will have in Windsor, but to go there and not visit the castle would be a waste.

All in all it does look pretty good value.

3 hours ago, Bob++ said:

In my opinion, to do all three in one day is just a box tick exercise.

Salisbury in one hour? It's worth half a day at the very least and you are expected to grab lunch at the same time.

90 minutes for Stonehenge is ample.

They don't say how long you will have in Windsor, but to go there and not visit the castle would be a waste.

All in all it does look pretty good value.

Salisbury is effectively just for the cathedral, Bob. then thro the city centre and past Old Sarum to Stonehenge.

Yes, I too reckon that 90 minutes is fine for Stonehenge.

I'm pretty certain that the target time in Windsor is two hours (which is enough for the castle). But it's the last stop so if time is lost earlier in the day I'm guessing it comes out of the time for Windsor, so probably why they're a little coy about quoting the time there..

JB 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 8:45 PM, John Bull said:

Tourist England is a booking agency, not a tour operator - the product you mention is operated by International Friends, a long-established & reputable coach tour operator

https://www.internationalfriends.co.uk/shore-excursions-and-cruise-transfers.html

Far better to book direct with the operator - booking agencies are an extra cog in the system and in most cases their staff don't know any more than what's on their website.

The tour/transfer is only for people on your cruise, it picks you up at your Southampton cruise terminal, visits Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor, and drops you at your central London hotel (or for smaller hotels, & guesthouses at the nearest hotel served).

April 1st next year is a saturday, so .............

It's important to buy your Stonehenge & Windsor Castle tickets with your tour/transfer - Stonehenge admission for those who buy at the gate is dependant on numbers and at busy times they may have to wait - tickets bought as part of a coach tour (or on the local ho-ho bus) are guaranteed admission on arrival.  If you want to visit Windsor Castle (instead of just exploring the town) buy your tickets with your tour/transfer to avoid a line at the gate.

The tour operator's prices are broadly in line with prices at the gate.  

JB 🙂

Thank you for this information.  It is a big help as we are staying three night post cruise somewhere in the London area.  Also, love the quote about the passport photos.  Nothing is truer of mine!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2boxers said:

Thank you for this information.  It is a big help as we are staying three night post cruise somewhere in the London area.  Also, love the quote about the passport photos.  Nothing is truer of mine!

I have taken International Friends 2x post cruise.  They pick you up at the Southampton dock.  I took the tour with stops at Salisbury Stonehenge and Windsor.  Purchase entrance tickets through them.  They dropped us at the door of our London hotel around 6pm.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 12:50 PM, phabric said:

I have taken International Friends 2x post cruise.  They pick you up at the Southampton dock.  I took the tour with stops at Salisbury Stonehenge and Windsor.  Purchase entrance tickets through them.  They dropped us at the door of our London hotel around 6pm.

Phabric, can you share the name of the London hotel you stayed in? 

52 minutes ago, 2boxers said:

Phabric, can you share the name of the London hotel you stayed in? 

I stayed 4x at Premier Inn  London Waterloo (Westerminster Bridge) (hotel entrance street level).  Across a small plaza is Premier Inn London County Hall ( hotel entrance is up a couple of steps).  Both hotels have A/C, bar, restaurant, close to London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Thamas river, Big Ben, Parliament, HOHO, regular bus, 2 tube station, Waterloo Train station, pubs, restaurants.

I took Justairports (car service) from hotel to LHR.  Have also used them from LHR to hotel.  Price is per car, use hotel's postal code to get price.

Depending on your dates, Buckingham Palace's royal staterooms may be open to the public.

www.internationalfriends.co.uk

www.londontoolkit.com

www.justairports.com

www.londoneye.com

www.premierinn.com

www.rct.uk (Royal Collection Trust - Buckingham Palace)

www.westminster-abbey.org (get tickets in advance) (can purchase inside the Abbey ticket for a guided tour - worth the money)

www.theorginaltour.com (HOHO)

www.bigbustours.com (HOHO)

21 hours ago, phabric said:

I stayed 4x at Premier Inn  London Waterloo (Westerminster Bridge) (hotel entrance street level).  Across a small plaza is Premier Inn London County Hall ( hotel entrance is up a couple of steps).  Both hotels have A/C, bar, restaurant, close to London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Thamas river, Big Ben, Parliament, HOHO, regular bus, 2 tube station, Waterloo Train station, pubs, restaurants.

I took Justairports (car service) from hotel to LHR.  Have also used them from LHR to hotel.  Price is per car, use hotel's postal code to get price.

Depending on your dates, Buckingham Palace's royal staterooms may be open to the public.

www.internationalfriends.co.uk

www.londontoolkit.com

www.justairports.com

www.londoneye.com

www.premierinn.com

www.rct.uk (Royal Collection Trust - Buckingham Palace)

www.westminster-abbey.org (get tickets in advance) (can purchase inside the Abbey ticket for a guided tour - worth the money)

www.theorginaltour.com (HOHO)

www.bigbustours.com (HOHO)

Thank you for all the information,