EPIC H20

JMT2568

Everyone cruising on the Epic in various different weeks of September are posting on FB that they're receiving emails a few weeks before their cruise that it's still closed and each cabin is getting $50 credit as an accommodation.  So it sounds for sure like they don't expect it to be open at least for most of the September cruises.  I'm late September on the Epic and haven't gotten this email yet.  But the Sept 4th and 11th cruises sound like they did.  The online chatter doesn't sound promising.  Sounds like a fairly big issue with the smoke stacks and soot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 2:20 PM, JustAPilot said:

It’s for the better, the radar domes near the smoke stack where H2O is was covered in this brown substance from the stacks. I don’t think you want to be breathing that stuff in.

Just off the Epic about 2.5 weeks ago and yeah, the entire aft upper deck area including the sports court was closed.

Got off at the first port of call in Ajaccio and looked up and the topside is just covered in this very unsightly and gross-looking brownish-yellowish stain. You can kinda see it in the photo below, but it's much more noticeable in person. Noticed 3 or 4 guys in Chantiers d'Atlantique (Epic's builders) shirts onboard, wondering if they were working on whatever's spewing out from the stacks.

Another rather unsightly (and quite embarrassing) thing I noticed was that some of the LED lighting outlining each of the letters of the "NORWEGIAN EPIC" nameboard on the aft sundeck was either malfunctioned or just burnt out, so the entire week our name was the "NORWFCIA PIC". Didn't notice this until we disembarked the ship just before sunrise. Embarrassing because we had the gleaming new Wonder of the Seas docked in front of us and we sailed past her at sailaway. Wondered what they were thinking...

DSC00083.JPG

20220925_072245.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 11:57 PM, cruiserchris613 said:

Just off the Epic about 2.5 weeks ago and yeah, the entire aft upper deck area including the sports court was closed.

Got off at the first port of call in Ajaccio and looked up and the topside is just covered in this very unsightly and gross-looking brownish-yellowish stain. You can kinda see it in the photo below, but it's much more noticeable in person. Noticed 3 or 4 guys in Chantiers d'Atlantique (Epic's builders) shirts onboard, wondering if they were working on whatever's spewing out from the stacks.

Another rather unsightly (and quite embarrassing) thing I noticed was that some of the LED lighting outlining each of the letters of the "NORWEGIAN EPIC" nameboard on the aft sundeck was either malfunctioned or just burnt out, so the entire week our name was the "NORWFCIA PIC". Didn't notice this until we disembarked the ship just before sunrise. Embarrassing because we had the gleaming new Wonder of the Seas docked in front of us and we sailed past her at sailaway. Wondered what they were thinking...

DSC00083.JPG

20220925_072245.jpg

Haha yeah we felt the same way when we were docked in Barcelona with Virgin’s brand new ship across from us. Made Epic look like scrap metal, the burned out logo is the icing on the cake though lol.

BF83FC08-FEA4-47A2-B63A-4073DF10BF42.thumb.jpeg.96bd5925b837495ef07df1ca6670f276.jpeg

• Like 1

On the NCL web site, I entered into a chat and asked when the H20 will be reopened. After asking me to wait so she can try to find out, she answered that October 23, 2022 H20 will reopen. 

That is good news for us as we will be sailing on her again in December and that was our favorite outdoor area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertDuff said:

On the NCL web site, I entered into a chat and asked when the H20 will be reopened. After asking me to wait so she can try to find out, she answered that October 23, 2022 H20 will reopen. 

That is good news for us as we will be sailing on her again in December and that was our favorite outdoor area. 

That's wonderful news! Thanks for the update!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...