Cabin allocation

Guest Cooltocruise1

Guest Cooltocruise1

This is an age old enquiry I am sure but I  am wondering when I will get my allocated cabin number for my cruise in 14 days time. We have not done saver fare before so I beleived the hype that said 21 days before when I booked. I am getting numerous emails asking me to book extras and telling me to print out e-tickets and luggage labels whic hof course I cannot do because I have no cabin number. I cannot get P and O to answer the phone and emails just get the standard we are very busy etc. reply. Any experience with this and any ideas of how to get e-tickets printed if they decide not to allocate cabin until we board?

1 minute ago, Cooltocruise1 said:

This is an age old enquiry I am sure but I  am wondering when I will get my allocated cabin number for my cruise in 14 days time. We have not done saver fare before so I beleived the hype that said 21 days before when I booked. I am getting numerous emails asking me to book extras and telling me to print out e-tickets and luggage labels whic hof course I cannot do because I have no cabin number. I cannot get P and O to answer the phone and emails just get the standard we are very busy etc. reply. Any experience with this and any ideas of how to get e-tickets printed if they decide not to allocate cabin until we board?

Maybe you should consider using a reliable on line TA in future, they would answer your phone call and reply to your e-mail, and they have far better access to P&O booking staff.

27 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Maybe you should consider using a reliable on line TA in future, they would answer your phone call and reply to your e-mail, and they have far better access to P&O booking staff.

Some online TA's are worse than P&O answering the phone and dealing with queries. I would recommend a personal TA who works from home and you can access almost 24/7. I cannot name the lady who I use but I am sure others are just as good. Social media is a good place to look.

48 minutes ago, Cooltocruise1 said:

On a Saver Fare, cabins can be allocated anytime up to when you embark.

Firstly you do not need your stateroom number to book any extras, any bookings will be recorded against you, as a passenger, not your room.

I think it is unlikely that you will not be allocated a stateroom before embarkation, but if that is the case there are staff outside the terminal that have a list of passengers and room numbers with blank labels that they can then  fill in for you. 

Even though you have fully paid for your cruise, if you select Pay the Balance on the P&O site the stateroom number often updates there before the rest of the system. 

• Like 2

Sometimes if you've booked through a travel agent the transfer of the funds between the two does not activate immediately to show you have paid.  Lack of staff in P&O accounts has on two occasions caused members of my family not to get cabin allocated until 48 hours before.  They just booked excursions, reserved meals etc and it sorted itself online automatically.

Guest Cooltocruise1

Thank you every one for your replies. I'm feeling less concerned now . I finally got through to lovely young lady at P and O who says it will be allocated in a couple of days and also sorted out my muster attendance problem due to my mobility issues.  Even if cabin  isn't allocated  I know I can get onboard without problems. Thanks again.

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Sometimes if you've booked through a travel agent the transfer of the funds between the two does not activate immediately to show you have paid

In which case you should change your TA!  Good TAs will process payment on behalf of the cruise line, so payment to the cruise will be instantaneous. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wowzz said:

In which case you should change your TA!  Good TAs will process payment on behalf of the cruise line, so payment to the cruise will be instantaneous. 

Not my travel agent, as I said was my BIL who had the event described .  I mentioned it to ease the worries of the OP.  I have a different agent but at present book direct with P&O.  

3 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Not my travel agent, as I said was my BIL who had the event described .  I mentioned it to ease the worries of the OP.  I have a different agent but at present book direct with P&O.  

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.  

• Like 1