Covid recovery protocol on NCL

bob&france

Hello, we are fully vaccinated and fully recovered from Covid more than 10 days ago and less than 90.

Our upcoming sailing ports in Canada as such we require either a negative test prior to boarding OR meet the Covid Recovery protocol, which would be providing proof of the positive test result and a Dr’s note.

No contact with NCL to date as been able to provide confirmation of what information is required on the Dr’s note.

we will put Name, birthdate, confirmation that we have recovered, on the Dr’ letterhead and dated.

Has anyone been either successful providing said on a previous NCL cruise or obtained any firm details as to what should be written on the Dr’s note?

The roll call for my sailing has been helpful but I thought it best to expand my search for information as we would hate to show up for embarkation and be refused by NCL because we are missing an element of detail.

much appreciated,Bob

Just take an Antigen test and you’ll be fine. Do not take a PCR test as it is more sensitive of the two. 

We had Covid in late March (off the Joy) and we tested negative after 11 days on the antigen tests. 

No need to get the recovery letter - waste of money. Bermuda will not accept them. Just the negative antigen test. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 cruises booked in next 90 days that require pre test -( Canada /Greece )

Therefore 4 tests at $70 each in our area = $280

Covid recovery document :

Positive PCR - already have

Dr’s note - Free in our area

Zero cost vs. $280

They created the protocol , I’m just trying to find someone who’s used it .

On 9/1/2022 at 7:21 AM, bob&france said:

2 cruises booked in next 90 days that require pre test -( Canada /Greece )

Therefore 4 tests at $70 each in our area = $280

Covid recovery document :

Positive PCR - already have

Dr’s note - Free in our area

Zero cost vs. $280

They created the protocol , I’m just trying to find someone who’s used it .

Hmm, curious to know how NCL knows you had Covid for you to be require to have a Recovery Document? Is there some data base that says you were infected? If you take the test before you go and you are negative I think that's all you need to be concerned about. 

We are planning NCL Getaway cruise to Canada. I know that Canada still requires negative Covid test. So should those tests be proctored or I can buy a simple test at the pharmacy, do the test at home myself 3 days/2 days? before the cruise and it will be accepted?

It's a last minute cruise and the first in 2 years so at this point I'm getting confused which is the right way to go with testing. I just want to make sure we'll be allowed on board without any problems.

We just did a home test that was proctored via Zoom and cost $19. The eMed proctor tests are now running $35 each but I was unaware that we needed to have a test and we cruise on Tuesday so I hit Google and Google hit me back with this fabulous testing service called Onpoint testing.

Fast, easy, and cheap.
We have used the eMed tests before and completely loved them but I love this even more because we just used our free government provided home C19 test and we were good to go 15 minutes after, test results emailed within an hour after we took the test so it’s a very viable option and I would recommend it.