Just off the Celebrity Edge Europe

Cruising7in2017

We just returned from the 7 night Celebrity Edge out of Barcelona on 8/15. I am still a big jetlagged and trying to catch up on work, but will be writing a more comprehensive review soon! We traveled with my parents (early 70s and active, DH (44) and I (41) and our children ages 9-12). There were a LOT of families on board and majority European with some Canadians and Americans mixed in, lots of locals out of Barcelona made for a very lively cruise IMHO. 

Just as a teaser, all I can say is that it was for sure our favorite cruise so far (I have been on 12+).

-The food and service (in the Retreat area particularly, more on that later) were the best we have ever had.

-We thought the room configurations and public areas and the way they flowed stood out.

-Our children (age 9-12) also said it was "the best vacation, epic", even though I think the kid's club/teen club common areas were an afterthought, they could have cared less and partook in many children and adult activities (trivia, dancing, deck party, etc.). 

-We did a lot of excursions on our own & a couple with Celebrity and I will outline these in my review later (note: Corsica snorkeling is so fun, but not for those who are afraid of a wild boat ride on a giant raft!)

-We also did a pre-cruise stay in BCN (El Palace, HIGHLY recommend) and Rome (The First Roma Dolce, also incredible)

If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to drop me a response. Happy cruising!

Nicole

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Very excited for your review as our next cruise will be on Edge for 19 days R/T Barcelona in May in a suite.  Sailed in suites on S & M class, but never E class... we also have El Palace pre-cruise booked so I am anxiously awaiting everything!

Edited by shirazcruiser

I'm interested in hearing about your experience in all the Ports.  I will be sailing this cruise in May, but in reverse.  Rome to Barcelona.  Will be overnighting in Barcelona and looking for things to do for a day.  In my mid 70"s with a friend.

5 hours ago, linseymac said:

I'm interested in hearing about your experience in all the Ports.  I will be sailing this cruise in May, but in reverse.  Rome to Barcelona.  Will be overnighting in Barcelona and looking for things to do for a day.  In my mid 70"s with a friend.

Visiting architect Gaudi's La Familia Sagrada Basilica in central Barcelona is worth seeing.  1/2 hour outside of the city is the Santa Maria Monserrat Monastery where you can ride the cog-wheel train to the top of Monserrat mountain and enjoy a boys choir performance.

• 5 weeks later...