Updated Protocols for Transatlantic Sailings

Just now, Anton said:

Is that how the European health authority defines the test timing or just another vague effort at communication by RCI?

I just quoted, word for word, the email received from Royal.  For the Oct/Nov TA's, it doesn't mention anything about European Health Authority guidelines or the like.  It reads pretty clear to me.  Those are Royal's guidelines for Oct/Nov TA's, and doesn't affect anything else.

7 minutes ago, Anton said:

Another screenshot from the same location I posted earlier that had both days and hours for testing, depending on which testing regimen you have to follow.199492175_ScreenShot2022-09-02at11_30_37AM.thumb.jpg.80e7b8e5787b1b3ae31614510beec060.jpg

This thread is only concerning the Oct/Nov Transatlantics.  It has nothing to do with any other sailings.

Just now, Wineaux007 said:

This thread is only concerning the Oct/Nov Transatlantics.  It has nothing to do with any other sailings.

That is for our cruise and every other TA for October and November.   Again, on the website not from the email.   But I'm done.  See you on the ship.1008800845_ScreenShot2022-09-02at11_42_57AM.thumb.jpg.782eb299d246b619ec55a704d9487e29.jpg

I think it’s very unfair that half the ship don’t need to test as they are b2b so could be carrying the germs 🦠 from previous ports of call: and half of us have to pay £30pp for the tests, and whilst we board as negative, we are being introduced into an environment that is not full of “negative” people 

2 hours ago, little britain said:

I think it’s very unfair that half the ship don’t need to test as they are b2b so could be carrying the germs 🦠 from previous ports of call: and half of us have to pay £30pp for the tests, and whilst we board as negative, we are being introduced into an environment that is not full of “negative” people 

My view is the fewer COVID19 rules the better.

Also, most people going ashore will be with other people from the ship and exposure to others in port will not be a major factor.

• Like 1

I was confused about the different responses that people at getting regarding testing on a back to back including a Transatlantic. 

My understanding was that since our ship (Brilliance) is visiting Corfu, Greece then we have to have a supervised test but then did not require another test as we are then on a back-to-back.  However some passengers have been told that we do have to retest for the TA.

I rang Crown and Anchor and the very helpful agent was thinking the same as me but went to check to make sure he was giving the correct information.  so

***  If you are considered up to date with your vaccines (double jabbed and boostered) then a second supervised test is NOT required for the TA.

*** If you are considered NOT up to date with your vaccines (unvaccinated or 2nd dose more than 270 days ago and un-boostered) then you will be required to get a second test for the TA.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle