Afternoon Tea

Cruise Feen

If memory serves me correctly, they do not have gluten-free items available at afternoon tea unless they are given notice the day before.  I usually let the head waiter in the MDR know the night before I know I want to attend afternoon tea. In my experience, they provide a couple of gf sandwiches and maybe one type of gf sweet. They do not make gf versions of all the different pastries and goodies that are served to everyone else. That said, it’s been several years, a pandemic and a restart since I’ve had afternoon tea aboard a Princess ship, so things could be different now. 🙃

• Like 1

We are both gluten-free, and did afternoon tea on Sky Princess. We ordered it the day before.

I'll be honest, it was awful. The sandwiches were on cold soggy bread, the scone was inedible, and the cake wasn't great (although none of the cakes/baked GF goods are great on Princess unfortunately)>

If you want to have a read in more detail about our experience, I wrote it up for my GF blog here:

https://glutenfreetravelwithme.com/sky-princess-two-week-cruise-october-2021

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cruise Feen said:

Ladyshopper23, Thank you so much giving me link to your glutenfreetravelwithme blog!  I'm anxious to see if they followed through with suggestions on my cruise in Dec.  

No problem, glad you found it helpful.

I started the blog last year purely because I found it difficult to get much information about gluten free eating on various cruise lines, so just wanted to help others.

• Like 2