Hotels w/ shuttles to cruise terminal in Galveston

Mizzoupoodle123

Hi all,  I did search this topic but didn’t find this.  It may be buried on page 20?  We are taking the Dream on December 31st but want to arrive 2 days early to Galveston.

I am hoping for a hotel that has an option to park your car and use their shuttle to the pier (for a fee, of course).  
Any suggestions?  Any favorite hotels?  
I am a widow traveling with my 21, 19 and 18 year old daughters.  We are driving to Galveston.  We picked this cruise because we could drive and avoid airports, lol.  Of course we will probably still get on each other’s nerves on the way down but what’s a road trip without a little chocolate ice cream to soothe the soul?

Sylvia

Hilton and San Luis had shuttle with I believe free parking, they are upscale .moody gardens definitely had a deal including parking that is also upscale. All three are really nice. I will be booking one of them next year on our Galveston cruise.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:27 AM, Mizzoupoodle123 said:

Thank you very much!  I booked the Hilton.  I have points and got a good rate that includes breakfast.  We are on a New Year’s Eve cruise and I’m glad I booked now as hotels seem to be getting full.

Sylvia

I think Moody Gardens has a park and shuttle package.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:27 AM, Mizzoupoodle123 said:

Thank you very much!  I booked the Hilton.  I have points and got a good rate that includes breakfast.  We are on a New Year’s Eve cruise and I’m glad I booked now as hotels seem to be getting full.

Sylvia

On 9/3/2022 at 8:27 AM, Mizzoupoodle123 said:

Sylvia

Which one did you book? None of the Hilton brand ones that I saw said anything about a shuttle.  Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

Which one did you book? None of the Hilton brand ones that I saw said anything about a shuttle.  Thanks in advance.

We booked the Hilton Galveston Island Resort, 5400 Seawall Blvd.

They do offer a package that includes 7 days parking and shuttle to the cruise terminal. You could call them directly to get the shuttle rate if you don't require parking. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mizzoupoodle123 said:

I booked the Hilton by the sea wall.  They do have a shuttle that goes over to the cruise terminals.  

We got a much better rate by using booking dot versus the company with the gnome.  We saved 50%.

Sylvia

Same shuttle is used by San Luis . I think we will use moody gardens for next trip , we had to cancel a few years ago just a few hours before we were going to arrive because of a storm canceling our flight, they could have charged us , but they didn’t. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1