Upgraded from Aurea Whirlpool Suite to Yacht Club Duplex Suite - What to expect?

Happygcruiser

With the changing of ships from Virtuosa to Bellissima for a February mediterranean cruise, today the cabin assignment on the booking switched to the YC Duplex suite on deck 9. Originally I booked the Aurea Whirlpool suite on deck 13. We will be 2 adults and 2 teenagers.

What can we expect in terms of YC perks or amenities? Special boarding? Drink package (we already had Easy package in the promotion)? Butler service? Eating in YC restaurants and being at the YC areas?

It's exciting, though I guess it can change still back to another cabin. (Although I would be disappointed...)

Thank you for your help!

7 hours ago, Happygcruiser said:

What can we expect in terms of YC perks or amenities? Special boarding? Drink package (we already had Easy package in the promotion)? Butler service? Eating in YC restaurants and being at the YC areas?

I

Yes

34 minutes ago, Happygcruiser said:

Even if the paid ambience is only Aurea?

So we get all the benefits?

Yes. Virtuosa has some more cabins than the Bellissima, and possibly they had no other of your same level cabins available now on your sailing date, so they upgraded you, as they are mandated by the European consumer protection acts, if that is the case. Of course, if a same level cabin turns available they will downgrade you for that one. Either way, if that is real your final assignment, you'll exactly receive all the benefits of Yacht Club as if you've originally purchased that. Consider it as one of those rare free upgrades that pop up from quite a while. Cabin location could not be that desirable though, and if an accessible YC cabin is empty that may be the one they'll put you in.

Edited by Nunagoras

33 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Yes. Virtuosa has some more cabins than the Bellissima, and possibly they had no other of your same level cabins available now on your sailing date, so they upgraded you, as they are mandated by the European consumer protection acts, if that is the case. Of course, if a same level cabin turns available they will downgrade you for that one. Either way, if that is real your final assignment, you'll exactly receive all the benefits of Yacht Club as if you've originally purchased that. Consider it as one of those rare free upgrades that pop up from quite a while. Cabin location could not be that desirable though, and if an accessible YC cabin is empty that may be the one they'll put you in.

Thank you! I assume that if I booked a suite with jacuzzi, they wouldn’t put me to even a simple YC balcony… at least I hope. 
Anyhow fingers crossed. I am really excited. Especially as I told my wife and kids that this year for saving money I only booked an interior cabin… I want to see their faces! Even more if a butler takes us to our duplex suite…

1 hour ago, Happygcruiser said:

Thank you! I assume that if I booked a suite with jacuzzi, they wouldn’t put me to even a simple YC balcony… at least I hope. 
Anyhow fingers crossed. I am really excited. Especially as I told my wife and kids that this year for saving money I only booked an interior cabin… I want to see their faces! Even more if a butler takes us to our duplex suite…

Sadly; the upgrade system comes by the experience purchased, not the exact type of cabin. YC is superior to Aurea and you'll have nothing to complain with: YC at the price of Aurea... How I'd like to have it, even if it was a simple YC Inside!... Enjoy the perks. But don't count on having a jacuzzi on your suite, once they may not have the same number of those on your new ship. And if it is an accessible cabin, do not find it odd either...

2 hours ago, Happygcruiser said:

I assume that if I booked a suite with jacuzzi, they wouldn’t put me to even a simple YC balcony… at least I hope. 

They could have given you a YC stateroom without a whirlpool. You actually got a better stateroom than one would expect with your upgrade. 

2 hours ago, Happygcruiser said:

I want to see their faces! Even more if a butler takes us to our duplex suite…

The Duplex Suites on the Mera/Mera Plus Class are arguably the best on the ship. When I sailed Meraviglia, I was in the Royal Suite (1 bedroom/1 bath) but I seriously considered the Duplex Suite (1 bedroom/2 bath) for my family of 4. The balcony for either stateroom isn't great but the rest of the stateroom more than makes up for it. 

As mentioned above, you get everything "Yacht Club" with the only exception being that you aren't in the actual Yacht Club enclave. It's not a big deal as you can just use your stateroom card or wristband to enter the Yacht Club areas. You still have your Spa access, too. 

I'd bet that 100% of people would rather have what you now have on Bellissima vs. what you previously had on Virtuosa. 

17 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

They could have given you a YC stateroom without a whirlpool. You actually got a better stateroom than one would expect with your upgrade. 

The Duplex Suites on the Mera/Mera Plus Class are arguably the best on the ship. When I sailed Meraviglia, I was in the Royal Suite (1 bedroom/1 bath) but I seriously considered the Duplex Suite (1 bedroom/2 bath) for my family of 4. The balcony for either stateroom isn't great but the rest of the stateroom more than makes up for it. 

As mentioned above, you get everything "Yacht Club" with the only exception being that you aren't in the actual Yacht Club enclave. It's not a big deal as you can just use your stateroom card or wristband to enter the Yacht Club areas. You still have your Spa access, too. 

I'd bet that 100% of people would rather have what you now have on Bellissima vs. what you previously had on Virtuosa. 

I agree with you. I’m more than happy with this upgrade. Especially if it stays like that.