Majestic princess dining room selection

VanessaNJ

Hi all,

we’ve just paid our cruise in full and we now have access to booking dining! 

I have 2 question I’d like some info on before doing so however. 

1. Allegro or concerto - which should we choose? I know the menus are the same, but what about the ambiance? The seating arrangements? Anything else you can think of? Feedback appreciated. 

2. Private table or shared with others? Our preference is to have the ‘traditional’ experience of main dining. If we choose to book the same time every night, and select the shared with others option, will we have the same table with the same people and wait staff every night? 

thanks for any help you can give me. 

3 hours ago, VanessaNJ said:

Hi all,

we’ve just paid our cruise in full and we now have access to booking dining! 

I have 2 question I’d like some info on before doing so however. 

1. Allegro or concerto - which should we choose? I know the menus are the same, but what about the ambiance? The seating arrangements? Anything else you can think of? Feedback appreciated. 

2. Private table or shared with others? Our preference is to have the ‘traditional’ experience of main dining. If we choose to book the same time every night, and select the shared with others option, will we have the same table with the same people and wait staff every night? 

thanks for any help you can give me. 

These DR’s are very similar. Big difference is Allegro is Aft and Concerto is Midship.  If I was staying Aft, I’d chose Allegro, just for convenience.  Or, if my cabin was forward, then I’d book Concerto.

If you want more TD, then I’d book same time every night at a private table.  However, you need to speak to the DR Manager/Maitre’d on the first night and tell them you would like the same table and staff each night.  

Sharing a table would be very difficult to get TD, unless it was ALL your friends/family.  Not likely those at a shared table, the first night would want to 

do that. This is more like flexible dining to me.

We like variety, so we are rotating among the dining rooms on our upcoming 15 night cruise. We'll even let them sit us at different places in the rooms rather than asking for the same table each night.

With traditional dining we were always sitting at the same table with the same people for the entire cruise. On a long cruise this could get boring, especially if you had a table in a corner or other less ideal location, and especially if you ended up with your back to the room and facing a corner the entire cruise like our last traditional dining experience. As passengers we expect not to have the exact same items on the menu every night. And for us, it's the same with the dining room and table location. Every time we dine it will feel like a different restaurant because we will be enjoying it from a different perspective each night. 

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 1

Before our May cruise on the Majestic we reserved a private table for 2, alternating every few days between the two MDR's, some at 6pm, some at 6.20pm
Once onboard we found they'd changed our reservations; same times, but now all in Allegro! It seemed they wanted to give us the same table each night, and they did.
After a while we switched some by cancelling and rebooking as we wanted to try both MDR's.
Allegro, being AFT was a long walk as we were forward, but on a cruise that's not a bad thing unless you have mobility issues. You can only access it by the AFT elevator. We liked Allegro as seemed more intimate and cozy, and less open plan than Concerto. The elevator is also less crowded at the back, the lines much better because it's tucked out of the way so walk ups don't tend to go so much. Concerto was more easily accessible being midship but, both dining rooms were fine; you can't go wrong with either.

Agree with @AlibearNS regarding the fact that Allegro is a bit "harder to find".  It's always somewhat amusing to watch people at midship who are obviously trying to get to Allegro..."but Concerto is in the way...I can't get there!  Can we walk through Concerto to get to Allegro?"

After about the 2nd or 3rd night *most* people have it figured out...but for those first couple of nights Allegro is the way to go!

On 9/2/2022 at 10:54 AM, sloopsailor said:

We like variety, so we are rotating among the dining rooms on our upcoming 15 night cruise. We'll even let them sit us at different places in the rooms rather than asking for the same table each night.

With traditional dining we were always sitting at the same table with the same people for the entire cruise. On a long cruise this could get boring, especially if you had a table in a corner or other less ideal location, and especially if you ended up with your back to the room and facing a corner the entire cruise like our last traditional dining experience. As passengers we expect not to have the exact same items on the menu every night. And for us, it's the same with the dining room and table location. Every time we dine it will feel like a different restaurant because we will be enjoying it from a different perspective each night. 

Your idea has merit and is a lot easier now to move about the DR's using DMW.  However, when sharing a table, the polite thing for all guests to do is rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise each night by 2 seats so each couple gets a different perspective over the voyage.  We do that with our friends at a 4-top.  I like having the chance to move around and it's only fair to everyone else.  

On 9/2/2022 at 12:01 PM, AlibearNS said:

Before our May cruise on the Majestic we reserved a private table for 2, alternating every few days between the two MDR's, some at 6pm, some at 6.20pm
Once onboard we found they'd changed our reservations; same times, but now all in Allegro! It seemed they wanted to give us the same table each night, and they did.
After a while we switched some by cancelling and rebooking as we wanted to try both MDR's.
Allegro, being AFT was a long walk as we were forward, but on a cruise that's not a bad thing unless you have mobility issues. You can only access it by the AFT elevator. We liked Allegro as seemed more intimate and cozy, and less open plan than Concerto. The elevator is also less crowded at the back, the lines much better because it's tucked out of the way so walk ups don't tend to go so much. Concerto was more easily accessible being midship but, both dining rooms were fine; you can't go wrong with either.

Just a note for the uninitiated reading this.  The Aft DR on all ships is also accessible by stairs from any deck 7 and above.

• Like 1