Self Disembarking

taegan

You don't have to sign up.  If you choose self debarkation, you simply do not put your bags out the night before.  They call self debarkation by muster stations, although many apparently ignore them and go whenever they please (mainly earlier than their time).  If you choose self debarkation, just be prepared to have to take the stairs with your luggage.  It is a madhouse from 8-9 and nearly impossible to get an elevator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes.  They want everyone out of the cabins by 8:30 (depends on day/ship) and off by whatever time they announce- 10:00 last I recall- it depends on the ship/day/port.    They don't want you standing in the elevator lobbies or stair wells or the deck with the gangway.   But you can chill someplace allowed and enjoy the time.  

• Like 1

As has been mentioned you need to be out of your cabin early, and most people will just go ahead and get off the ship then so it gets busy. But what I like to do on days I want to get off later is head up to Lido and enjoy breakfast, and debark when I want - on a cruise last year we had a late flight so we stayed on until last call. You can pretty much debark when you want if you are handling your own luggage.

• Like 2