Atlas Ocean Voyages - any experiences

ilv4cruising

Hi,

We are about to book an Antarctica cruise with Atlas Ocean Voyages for January as they have an amazing deal going on right now with the 2nd guest being free.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has sailed with them on their thoughts on this line. 

Thanks

As a new spinoff from Mystic Cruises, Atlas has had a bumpy start.  Communication prior to the trip is lacking and from another Atlas forum that I monitor, it doesn’t seem to have improved since I sailed with them in January.  However, since I do my own due diligence with trip prep, it wasn’t to the point that it was a deal breaker for me and I would sail with them again.

If you’re the type of traveler who expects the carrier to pay attention to all the details and inform you about the steps you need to take, Atlas may not be the cruise line for you.  But if you’re okay with doing your homework and monitoring progress toward final preparations, they‘re worth it.  Issues have been at the corporate level; the ship and crew are nothing short of outstanding.

51 minutes ago, skrink said:

As a new spinoff from Mystic Cruises, Atlas has had a bumpy start.  Communication prior to the trip is lacking and from another Atlas forum that I monitor, it doesn’t seem to have improved since I sailed with them in January.  However, since I do my own due diligence with trip prep, it wasn’t to the point that it was a deal breaker for me and I would sail with them again.

If you’re the type of traveler who expects the carrier to pay attention to all the details and inform you about the steps you need to take, Atlas may not be the cruise line for you.  But if you’re okay with doing your homework and monitoring progress toward final preparations, they‘re worth it.  Issues have been at the corporate level; the ship and crew are nothing short of outstanding.

Hi,

Thank you for the information.  Prior to my mom's passing she was a travel agent (all my life) so I'm good with doing all of trip prep 🙂 .

I haven't been able to find another forum for Atlas though.  Too bad you can't share it.  I find the one on Cruise Critic isn't very active. 

It is good to know that you would sail with them again.  That is positive for the ship at least. 

1 hour ago, ilv4cruising said:

Thank you for the information.  Prior to my mom's passing she was a travel agent (all my life) so I'm good with doing all of trip prep 🙂 .

I haven't been able to find another forum for Atlas though.  Too bad you can't share it.  I find the one on Cruise Critic isn't very active. 

It is good to know that you would sail with them again.  That is positive for the ship at least. 

I wish I could, too, as it’s quite interesting to read.  Atlas and Princess forums are both much more active elsewhere. Don’t know about the other cruise lines.

You can pop over to the Antarctica Adventures forum on Trip Advisor and start a thread where there is no issues posting external links. Hope that helps. Atlas isn't one I'm personally familiar with yet but I run the FAQs on the Trip Advisor forum so I do try my best to keep track of all new vessels/expedition companies etc and add their details to the FAQs.