Where are all the exursions for Alaska?

3red7s

We just booked for our Alaskan cruise on the QOS, departing from Seattle on 6/26/2023.  We wanted to start choosing our excursions, however, on the RC website, the drop down for ports, only offers Skagway and Seattle.  We are 10 months out.  Does this mean all the excursions have not been added to the system & it is too early? If so, when would they start opening up the ports? OR, does it mean that everything is already booked up?  (hope not) 

1 hour ago, 3red7s said:

We just booked for our Alaskan cruise on the QOS, departing from Seattle on 6/26/2023.  We wanted to start choosing our excursions, however, on the RC website, the drop down for ports, only offers Skagway and Seattle.  We are 10 months out.  Does this mean all the excursions have not been added to the system & it is too early? If so, when would they start opening up the ports? OR, does it mean that everything is already booked up?  (hope not) 

We're booked 6/19/23 QOS and have the same thing. Until a month ago, only a Seattle tour and a helicopter tour in Skagway. A couple weeks ago, 3 rail pass excursions for Skagway popped up. That's it. We've been booked since early March and I check weekly, so unless there's a glitch with my cruise planner, nothing else has been available. Everything shouldn't be sold out.

Some of our other cruises have had excursions available more than 9 months out, so I've been wondering where our Alaska excursion options are, too.

Edited by alaska2023

The 2022 season hasn’t finished yet, and few of the tour operators are even THINKING of their staffing levels and plans for next year (many depend on seasonal workers).  Later in the year when they have time they will start making plans for next year.  You can easily see that when you look at the independent operators not having much information for next year on their websites.  

My May Radiance this year had way more options open later in the fall, and I am seeing the same evidence for the same cruise next year.  I was able to make many reservations in November-February (good Black Friday sales for independents) and am checking daily for new options.  

For this last cruise, if an excursion was sold out, it still showed in the planner as sold out.  

Edited by Kathscof