NCL Prima....impressive

RMS Olympic

I had read in the past that NCL wanted to transition from mass market up to premium, I thought that was a stretch. 
But seeing the YouTube videos of the new Prima, I am very impressed. Cant wait to get on her in February.

I expected to see something similar to the Celebrity Edge, but it seems so much more. 
The complimentary food in the Hudson dinning room looks great, not something that would drive me to the specialty restaurants which I will do for 3 to 5 nights out of habit.

NCL obviously got their 850 million dollars worth in a ship holding less than 3500 passengers. Previously Princess was my fav.......Prima and her siblings might make me an NCL regular again.....so I can go from platinum to sapphire.

If you look at the tour videos being posted, especially those by cruisin with Pete.....express your thoughts.....I’d like to hear other perspectives since no ship is perfect.

Thanks

Tom

Just an excuse to raise prices and nickel  more dimes with extra charges, with reduced services. 😕 Or so I read that they were adjusting the dining optiond to encourage more Specialty dining. Didn't they also reduce the drink packages for Prima as well?

Edited by SireDoime

This ship looks stunning and I can't wait to board and explore. I haven't seen anything I don't like (we'll see after I experience it in person) aside from all the additional charges for the activities, but I guess that's to be expected.

The fixed menu in the MDR doesn't really bother me - the selections look good, perhaps this will result in better quality and at least you know what you're getting and you can decide to eat there or try a specialty restaurant. While I don't like paying for meals every night on a cruise, at least there's plenty of options + NCL always has offers to throw in a few comp specialty dining meals.

@SireDoime what do you mean by reduced drink packages?

I’m looking forward to experiencing this ship in January. We’ve booked an aft owner’s suite with large balcony in the Haven on the Atlantis charter.  The hard part for me is going to be making the choice between enjoying the stateroom versus getting out and enjoying the rest of the ship!

• 1 month later...

Was just on board doing the London to NY Trans-Atlantic 9.23.22 sailing.  I have to say, she is a beautiful ship.  Like any new vessel, she had her "needed to be worked out" issues.  The dining was a great surprise.  I've sailed on a number of NCL voyages, and the restaurants have been upgraded for sure.  The Italian optional dining is more upscale compared to other ships.  The MDR menus gave some many options, that we were not bothered even after dining in them 6 of the 12 nights on board.  The Indulge choices were amazing and the food was very good and very easy to order...once you learned how to use the tablets.  Their biggest issue with Indulge is the overall lack of seating.  However, I was told that the outdoor areas on Ocean Blvd around Indulge would be available for table ordering thru the tablets in warmer climates. There is also ample staff there to help you to learn how to use the tablets. The cabins are a nice size and the bathrooms are much more spacious then other ships.  The public spaces are smaller, so if you are going to attend any of the events...be early for good seating.  The service was exceptional everywhere.  It felt like many of the staff were experienced and brought on with that in mind.  Have a great trip!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 9:50 AM, RMS Olympic said:

Hi Mast 3RN8....

I noticed your signature lists the Celebrity Ascent in Dec 2023.....are you on the maiden voyage?

Hey there, I did put a deposit down for that sailing but am doing the NCL Viva in November instead (unfortunately can't do both!)

• 2 weeks later...