Princess Care for Canadians

Marie-Claude

This questions is addressed to Canadian Princess Cruisers:

I travel with my mom, and we would never consider purchasing a cruise without insurance. Our TA usually sells us RBC travel insurance, but this time I booked directly with Princess and they are offering their Insurance plan. When I ask them specific questions about coverage for CAnadians, nobody seems to really know what it is. :confused: So I'm a bit hesitant...

Has any of you purchased Princess Care before, and had to use it... with or without problems...:confused:

Thanks for your help!

I agree with City Woman. If the company offering you the insurance can't give you good sound information about your coverage, then go with what works. Like City_Woman said, you can most likely buy RBC insurance on your own if that is what you are used to and compfortable with, go for it!

I have always used the Princess Care Insurance, but have never had to make a claim. I also take out extra health insurance (usually with the CAA) which I have to make a claim against and had no problems collecting.

Thanks for your input!

I know I can certainly get RBC coverage once I make final payment, and I also know they are reliable. We had two claims with them, and never had a problem.

But I was just curious to see if any canadians had claims with Princess Care, which is offered to us at a better rate than RBC.

I guess we follow the old saying... if it ain't broke why fix it... :p

I have always used the Princess Care Insurance, but have never had to make a claim. I also take out extra health insurance (usually with the CAA) which I have to make a claim against and had no problems collecting.

I'm a bit confused... do you mean that you buy 2 coverages? Princess plus additional from CAA? Is this to offset lower amount on the Princess Care or for other reasons (I and don't mean to be indiscreet)??

Marie-Claude,

Not sure who you talked to, but Princess should be able to give you a phone number for the insurance company and/or their website. If you have to, ask to speak to a supervisor and they should be able to give you that info.

Donna5:

That's exactly what I did, and the supervisor at Berkeley told us that we could purchase the coverage, but when I asked her specific questions regadring pre-existing conditions etc. she couldn't tell me 'for sure' what the answer was.

Somehow, I want to think that they wouldn't be selling this to Canadians if they weren't ready to pay for the claims, but on the other end, the last thing you want to deal with if and when you do have a claim, is arguing with an insurance company...

So hearing from people who actually have gone through this would make me feel a lot better!:)

The good thing about Princess care is that you can cancel for whatever reason and either get 75% credit for your next cruise or 90% depending on which package you get. Also, the medical coverage is very good especailly since US medical costs are super high.

Archived