TA Now or Next Cruise Desk in 3 Weeks?

Tatra603

I'm thinking of a b2b on Rhapsody in March.

Because it is a small ship, there aren't that many balcony rooms still available, so I'm tempted to book now.

What are the current benefits to booking onboard compared to booking now with my TA?

Does the weak £ make any difference to booking in UK compared to booking onboard in Europe?

On board at NextCruise typically includes OBC and possibly lower deposits.

Have you considered a refundable booking?  Sometimes the price difference is worth the flexibility and in this case it can secure a cabin until you can price out the cruise at NextCruise in 3 weeks when you sail.

Also point to think about when you use a TA you have to go through them everytime you want to speak with royal. This can be good or bad depending on your TA. For us the constant middle person (TA) is annoying esp when you consider the accuracy of royals admin staff. So for our future cruises we will book direct either online, phone or next cruise. That way we feel we have more control. But like i said down to how good your TA is and how they deal with royals admin.

If you are going to stress about it, I would book now. While I am not sure the exact details of what you are booking, a 7 night balcony room will get you $100 in OBC with the Next Cruise, which can be relatively small for some bookings. If inventory is scarce, prices are not likely to go down and could go up $100 over the next three weeks.

5 hours ago, drb116 said:

If you are going to stress about it, I would book now. While I am not sure the exact details of what you are booking, a 7 night balcony room will get you $100 in OBC with the Next Cruise, which can be relatively small for some bookings. If inventory is scarce, prices are not likely to go down and could go up $100 over the next three weeks.

Totally agree.

5 hours ago, drb116 said:

BTW, we're neighbors.  Huge Disney fan too  LOL

9 hours ago, Tatra603 said:

I'm thinking of a b2b on Rhapsody in March.

Because it is a small ship, there aren't that many balcony rooms still available, so I'm tempted to book now.

What are the current benefits to booking onboard compared to booking now with my TA?

Does the weak £ make any difference to booking in UK compared to booking onboard in Europe?

Not sure if the UK bookings are the same as  US bookings. Last cruise they offered a additional $150 OBC for booking onboard.  We booked at next cruise to pick up $250 in OBC. Next cruise agent asked if we wanted the booking turned over to our TA, we said yes. Kept all the perks from Royal and picked up a $160 shop card from Costco for switching.