Chef's Table on Formal Night - Dress Code? (Horizon)

GEB74

Hello,  We will be sailing the first week in October on the Horizon and have the Chef's Table booked.  It appears that it will be on formal night.  Do you dress up for this as you would if you were eating in the MDR (evening gown or similar?) or do you still dress 'nice' and not wear heels?  We have done the Chef's Table a few times before and loved it, but not on formal night.  All of my heels are open toe...  do you tour the galley still or is that no longer part of the experience?  Thank you in advance.

7 hours ago, staceyglow said:

An evening gown is not required for formal night in any dining room. I 

You are lucky if the people seated next to you have changed out of their swimsuits. 

or their "wife beaters" and backwards baseball caps.

I've been at the Chef's Table a few times now and there's no dress code at any time. Most people dress "nicer" no matter the night but I've also seen jeans and a faded old t-shirt, lol. Not entirely the cruisers fault. The Chef's Table was a surprise from a friend and she hadn't planned on any "fancy" dining- ha ha. In the end, like on any night, you should dress how you like for yourself and not worry too much what other people are or aren't going to wear. It's a great experience btw- I do it every voyage and love it. 

• Like 1