Makapu'u Point vs Waimanalo

Peace2U

I am trying to decide between shore excursions through Princess Cruises. One goes through Waikiki, Hanuama Bay, blowhole, Waimanalo, and Pali Lookout and the other goes to Diamond Head, Hanuama Bay, blowhole, Makapu'u Point, and  Pali Lookout.  I like the idea of seeing Diamond Head vs Waikiki, but I don't know much about Waimanalo vs Makapu'u Point. Any suggestions?

Update: I just looked it up and they are the same thing. Is that true?

Edited by Peace2U

20 hours ago, Peace2U said:

I am trying to decide between shore excursions through Princess Cruises. One goes through Waikiki, Hanuama Bay, blowhole, Waimanalo, and Pali Lookout and the other goes to Diamond Head, Hanuama Bay, blowhole, Makapu'u Point, and  Pali Lookout.  I like the idea of seeing Diamond Head vs Waikiki, but I don't know much about Waimanalo vs Makapu'u Point. Any suggestions?

They are not the same thing, when you say Makapu'u Point are you talking about hiking to the lighthouse? Or is it just a scenic drive by? The Waimanalo stop I’m assuming is a stop at the beach. Waimanalo beach is one of my favorites on island. 

On 9/4/2022 at 6:32 PM, Peace2U said:

Makapu'u Point is 5 miles or so from Waimanalo Beach so it depends on what the cruise line is calling "Waimanalo".

Along the same lines, what does "seeing Diamond Head" mean? Driving inside the crater? Hiking Diamond Head? If you don't hike Diamond Head, you don't really "see it" in my book.

Understanding the details of the itinerary is important.

• 6 months later...
On 9/5/2022 at 6:13 PM, Bocadude85 said:

They are not the same thing, when you say Makapu'u Point are you talking about hiking to the lighthouse? Or is it just a scenic drive by? The Waimanalo stop I’m assuming is a stop at the beach. Waimanalo beach is one of my favorites on island. 

The drive by. Wow, I can't believe this is the first time I have been back on since September.

Edited by Peace2U

On 9/7/2022 at 11:38 AM, 93yearsyoung said:

Makapu'u Point is 5 miles or so from Waimanalo Beach so it depends on what the cruise line is calling "Waimanalo".

Along the same lines, what does "seeing Diamond Head" mean? Driving inside the crater? Hiking Diamond Head? If you don't hike Diamond Head, you don't really "see it" in my book.

Understanding the details of the itinerary is important.

Not really interested in hiking it. I was hoping to just view it while driving by. Not gonna happen, huh.

13 hours ago, Peace2U said:

Not really interested in hiking it. I was hoping to just view it while driving by. Not gonna happen, huh.

If you are talking about Diamond Head, the best view is from Kapiolani Park. Driving by would not be as good a view.

Diamond_Head_from_Kapiolani_Park_(467098

Edited by scottca075