Milestone Birthday

dam64

We cant decide between a cruise or a resort! Have done both. Multiple cruises and a few resorts.Its for a milestone birthday.

We need help deciding love cruising waking up to new islands but don't like being rushed on each island. Im worried we will be bored in a resort with all the cruising we've done! Any advice?

Edited by dam64

• dam64 changed the title to Milestone Birthday

you'll probably get a slew of different opinions.  i think  your resolution should be   contingent on the following: which resort and where are you thinking about? we've been to most carribbean islands, and love barbados, st maarten and curcao. rent a car, explore the islands, mix with the locals, try the local fare, i dont think  you'd be bored. enjoy the beaches for a couple of days, have a few coctails, and you will enjoy.

OR

if youre talking about carribbean islands, consider a cruise to europe. we're leaving from london next week, cruise includes paris, brussels, amsterdam, oslo, stockholm. very much lookingforward to visiting these cities.

we're also thinking about a b2b cruise oct,nov from venice. there are so many options, pick the one that seems to suit you the best, although, depending on the itinerary, i would pick the cruise any day

Hi Dam64

I had the same dilemma deciding on what to do for my upcoming 60th birthday in Jan 2023.  Having travelled to lots of AI resorts and done 3 cruises I  knew I wanted something a little more special and memorable for my big birthday. After checking cruise schedules I found an 11 night NCL Pearl cruise with my 60th on the Panama Canal day, so I went for it, and now have a Miami/Cruise/Miami trip booked with the bonus of flying home business class (which I have never done before) and being pampered.  Hopefully this will be more memorable than a week spent at a nice beach resort.  Hope you make the right choice for you.