Enough to do in Willemstad?

Floridastorm

We are from Florida so beaches and the such in a foreign port are not of much interest to us. I am wondering if just spending some time in Willemstad would be interesting enough. There are also 2 hour local guided tours of the city or even renting a taxi for a couple of hours. Instead of the hassle with rental cars and long bus excursions Willemstad might just be what the doctor ordered for these two very senior citizens. Any thoughts?   🤔

Thank You  -  Dave

Edited by Floridastorm

• Floridastorm changed the title to Enough to do in Willemstad?

We’re also from Florida so I understand where you’re coming from. We plan on just walking around.  Do a YouTube search and you will find some videos of others who have walked around and videoed it. 

Also do a Google search for Willemstad and Curaçao, it will get more info and maps. 

We were there 30 years ago and are looking forward to returning. 

1 hour ago, Dcoy said:

We’re also from Florida so I understand where you’re coming from. We plan on just walking around.  Do a YouTube search and you will find some videos of others who have walked around and videoed it. 

Also do a Google search for Willemstad and Curaçao, it will get more info and maps. 

We were there 30 years ago and are looking forward to returning. 

Sounds like a plan that my wife will be happy with. I think I like the idea also. 😄 Thank You.

6 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Sounds like a plan that my wife will be happy with. I think I like the idea also. 😄 Thank You.

Yes a lot to do, there is a Slavery Museum in Otrobanda,  a Maritime Museum in Punda/Scharloo,  shopping, restaurants,  art.

Do a free walking tour (look them up), Italian Ice Cart in Punda.